Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...so i decided that I want to install a belt clip on my p3...the thing vanishes when i put it in my waistband....

the local shop has the clips in stock...but when I go get one tomorrow morning, what do I need to do to install it?!?

I know it fits into the 2 holes where there are currently pins, but do i just "unload, punch out pins, locktite, then new clip" ....or is there more to it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
And in addition to the locktite, make sure you use a good quality allen wrench - not necessarily the one that came with it and crank it down tight.

And just in case you have not read the "discussion" on this topinc in many other threads, I would feel remiss if I didn't implore you to please don't use the clip alone as a carry method of a loaded weapon. There are many folk (self included) who feel that the clip is fine but the trigger ALSO has to be adequately protected in a safe, quality holster; just tucking it into your pocket or pants is NOT enough. Others feel that it is enough protection. Do what you feel safe and comfy with. As this is been debated many many times before I am not trying to re-do it here, just suggesting you go read those threads if you have not.

-Scott

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
rjhauser said:
do not crank it down too tight, you will get light strikes if you do.

--been there, done that
Hmm. Mine only stayed on for more than 6 rounds if I cranked the holly bajeebies out of it no matter locktite or not. But I can sure see how too tight could cause a frame bending problem and light strikes. I guess YMMV!

-Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.