Cleaning and Lubrication

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by sgelles, Sep 25, 2008.

1. sgelles

sgelles New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    I had just read the Fluff and Buff bulletin. Sounds good. At the end of the bulletin, it states lubricate as usual.

What products do you prefer for lubrication after the Fluff and Buff and what products do you recommend for general cleaning an lubrication? Is Rem Oil a two-in-one product?

Thank you

2. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    Most people use grease on the frame rails & hammer/slide interface surfaces.
    I especially like Outers GunSlick grease. Others use wheel bearing grease, Mili-Tec grease, or other high quality gun grease.

Rem-Oil is an excellent lubricating oil, but is too thin to stay on the frame rails for extended periods of muzzle down pocket carry.

Heres more info on several kinds of lubes.
    Do with it what you will:
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...action=display&num=1119987390&start=0

And there is this:
    http://www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/care2.htm

rcmodel

3. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Militec-1

Bo Bryant

4. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    +1 very good product

CJ

5. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Most of these little guys won't run well without grease on the rails. On both my P3 & P40 I use grease on the slide rails, hammer/slide interface bar & assembly pin. Oil every where else. I use RemOil & Gunslick Grease. However just about any grease will do.

My P40 will not run with just oil. Not even when it's freshly applied.

6. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Gunslick Grease on hammer/slide interface and slide/frame rails.

Hoppe's Oil for everything that needs oil.

7. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
  8. sgelles

sgelles New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    So, Militec-1 grease on the above listed areas and Militec-1 Oil everywhere else? Should the grease be available locally or via internet?

Thanks.

9. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I use Gunslick graphite lubricant now that I bought a bottle of it ($1.97) and it does very well. Put that one the above specified places and oil every where else. I'm kinda surprised Rc didn't throw that one out there first. He doesn't need to justify his reasoning though. ;)

10. sgelles

sgelles New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    I just went to the Militec website. Seems like the products are not expensive. Since I am retired military, looks like there is a discount and free shipping.

Thanks again,