Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would think with the ports on a short barrel you would loose all of your gas pressure, vel. and what stopping power you had.:-/
Looks cool tho. Like to see some chonograph data on it.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Wow, so that now has (as good as) a 1 inch barrel. No wonder there will be less felt recoil the bullet will probably fall out and land on your toes ::)

And for over $500 if you include shipping and transfer. No thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nbh40 said:
Wow, so that now has (as good as) a 1 inch barrel.  No wonder there will be less felt recoil the bullet will probably fall out and land on your toes ::)

And for over $500 if you include shipping and transfer.  No thanks.
Is this true? Would not the bullet against the rifling seal off most of the gases except where the actual ports are located? I would think that less than 25% of the last inch of the barrel would be effected with a gas loss of maybe 10%-25% of that. Certainly not all of the gas would escape at that point. Just a logical guess on my part...
~ROGER~

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
The company Bobo linked claims a 8% loss in velocity in Glock pistols with 3 ports. I'd guess the P3AT would be in the same ball park. I'd still pass, I don't find the 3AT that hard to shoot.

CJ

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a P-3AT done by APW, and liked it well enough that I had him do my PF-9. Still hits hard enough at the range I'm interested in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts