Chromed and ported P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rogereh, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Rogereh

Rogereh New Member

May 22, 2009
    Here's an interesting P-3AT on Gunbroker.com. It's a new P-3AT that has most of the metal parts chromed and the barrel and slide ported to reduce felt recoil and muzzle rise. I have nothing to do with this auction, just came across it and thought some here might see it as an interesting mod.

http://w.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=139625733

2. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Re: Cromed and ported P-3AT

Does anyone else, on the board, have a ported P3AT? If so what' your impression?

3. Phokis

Phokis Guest

Sep 3, 2009
    If anything it just looks cool!

Though it looks like it would be lint trap sitting in a pocket.

4. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
  5. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    What muzzle rise? What recoil?

6. one_gun

one_gun Member

Jan 17, 2007
    I would think with the ports on a short barrel you would loose all of your gas pressure, vel. and what stopping power you had.:-/
    Looks cool tho. Like to see some chonograph data on it.

7. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    I agree, as short as the barrel is, that's got to slow down the bullet.
    Looks cool, but not for me.

8. dirksterg30

dirksterg30 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Not to mention, if you had to shoot from a retention position, you might set yourself on fire! ;D

9. nbh40

nbh40 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Wow, so that now has (as good as) a 1 inch barrel. No wonder there will be less felt recoil the bullet will probably fall out and land on your toes ::)

And for over $500 if you include shipping and transfer. No thanks.

10. Rogereh

Rogereh New Member

May 22, 2009
    Is this true? Would not the bullet against the rifling seal off most of the gases except where the actual ports are located? I would think that less than 25% of the last inch of the barrel would be effected with a gas loss of maybe 10%-25% of that. Certainly not all of the gas would escape at that point. Just a logical guess on my part...
    ~ROGER~

11. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    The company Bobo linked claims a 8% loss in velocity in Glock pistols with 3 ports. I'd guess the P3AT would be in the same ball park. I'd still pass, I don't find the 3AT that hard to shoot.

CJ

12. Fl_Gunner

Fl_Gunner New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    I had a P-3AT done by APW, and liked it well enough that I had him do my PF-9. Still hits hard enough at the range I'm interested in.