Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has the HC for $281 and the black/blue for $249. Is the factory HC worth $30 or is it better to buy the blue/black and have the chrome applied?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
That's a good price for HC. You'd pay a lot more to have it chromed afterward, and you wouldn't have your gun for while.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
If you want the hard chrome finish it is MUCH cheaper to spend the $30 now.  Having it refinished to hard chrome later, by Accurate Plating and Weaponry (they do KT's plating), will run about $88.  Offer $260 out the door for the HC and take if from there.   ;D

The other option is to get a blued slide and later have it nickle plated by Jack Fusilier.  However, that is $25 + shipping and turn around time.  
+ $30 now is the better deal.

I still bet he'll take something less than $281 + tax.  Even if he throws in some ammo, range time, etc.  Still, $281 is not a bad price for HC  these days. Some people can't find them at any price.   :-/

·
Registered
562 Posts
The HC will come with a HC barrel, too. Don't know if that is a factor for you or not. I have an HC P-40 conversion that I absolutely love. Don't know to what degree (if any) to attribtue it to the chrome barrel, but it shoots super well and even seems easier to clean. My P-11 is never a P-11 anymore -- it's always a P-40!

I was in a gun shop in St. Joseph Missouri two days ago looking at a HC P-3AT for $279. Interestingly, the metal in the guide rod hole at the muzzle end of the gun looked thicker than the metal in my two year old nickel plated 3-AT (450 rounds). In this instance at any rate, it looked like there would be no peening issues.

Good luck with your decision!

Regards,
Lynnsky

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone,,,,,,purchased it this AM from Great Guns in Kearney, Mo. 100 rounds at the range and not one problem. New to kel tec, so is 100 rounds good enough of a break in period to trust it?

Thanks again

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
nada said:
Thanks everyone,,,,,,purchased it this AM from Great Guns in Kearney, Mo.   100 rounds at the range and not one problem.  New to kel tec, so is 100 rounds good enough of a break in period to trust it?    
I'd give it a good cleaniing and since you've already shot a hundred rounds, I'd start out using the carry ammo and then maybe a box of practice ammo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.