Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been trying to order a PF-9 with hard chrome slide for a couple of months now. Neither of the dealers I've tried has had any luck finding one. They can find blue or parkerized, but no chrome. Has anyone else had this problem lately?

"I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as a member."
-Groucho Marx

·
Registered
589 Posts
Same here, NO LUCK... I had a line on one from a friend who was in a gun shop thursday. And it turned out to be a p-11. I called a gun shop that had one saturday but it was gone before I got there. other than that, few and far between.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Before Friday I was in the same boat as you guys. No one 200 miles from me had it.

I found that budsgunshop has them in stock and are pretty much the cheapest price online.

It says $283 with free shipping but when I called to check if the stock was correct the guy said it was $274, so I bought it right then. Sure I will have to add the ffl fee in but hey I got one.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Many have a hard time finding a Hard Chrome in the stores.
Depending on how long you want to wait for one, you may want to go ahead and get a blued version, then do the Hard Chrome Swap for $75.

I just sent my barrel & Slide in for a swap on Friday. It took me over two years to go ahead and swap, as I didn't actually NEED the HC. The Blued setup was doing just fine.

Of course... as soon as you buy one, you'll see them all over the place. :D ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been trying to swap out for a HC for a while now, same thing everytime I call "try later".

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess I didn't realize how rare they were. I walked into my LGS about a month ago and they had one sitting right next to the coyote tan cerakote version. I bought the HC.

I still want another one in coyote tan. I just like the tan and black look.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I guess I didn't realize how rare they were. I walked into my LGS about a month ago and they had one sitting right next to the coyote tan cerakote version. I bought the HC.

I still want another one in coyote tan. I just like the tan and black look.
There is a Coyote tan at the LGS right now, I've handled it everytime I go, in fact I was told next time I handled it constitute a mandatory buy,lol, just kidding they were,......I hope.

Believe me I have thought about the Tan, but the HC is just so nice.

·
Administrator
31,975 Posts
Try a gunshow. With multiple dealers loaded up for a weekend of sales, you'll have a better chance of finding one. I highly recommend you don't settle and hold out for hard chrome. :cool:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Try a gunshow. With multiple dealers loaded up for a weekend of sales, you'll have a better chance of finding one. I highly recommend you don't settle and hold out for hard chrome. :cool:
I'm trying TC but that Coyote is whispering in my ear, "buy me, I am a perfect match for your Coyote Tan P3at" :D

Oh wait, I was just imagining that,Did I mention I took a lot of things I should'nt have as a teenager..

I will hold out for the HC.......probably.If KT could only ship a bunch SOON

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been looking ALL OVER for a PF9HC with no luck, been on a waiting list at my local shop for over a year. I just happened to lurk this Forum a little bit ago, and saw Caseman's post about Buds. I went for it, and now I cant fall asleep. Worth it!

·
Registered
322 Posts
When I sent my blued in for warranty work, I did the swap for a hard chrome. Got a HC slide, barrel, new frame and a bunch of other internal parts.

I love the HC, could not be happier.

In fact, I am now looking for another PF-9 for range use, and, although it probably makes more sense to get the least expensive model I can find, I love the HC so much I am tempted to spend the extra money and get the HC.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!

Thanks for the info, folks! I just ordered one from Buds Gun Shop. Can't wait to get my mitts on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been looking for a few months for a chrome on grey- finally snagged one on davidsons for $274.39 + $15 for the dealer and $25 brady. I have carried a black and chrome for over 4 years and it runs like a timex.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a PF9 HC from Bud's. Shot a 100 rounds of my Hard cast reloads through it today at 12 yards. fist size groups, with most into 3 1/2 " The little gun is very controllable. I am very satisfied with it. Loads are Lyman #356402 bullet 122 grain truncated cone, sized .358 with Win.231 powder and primers, Federal cases. 1005 fps.
Recoil is less than my J frame with the FBI lead hollowpoint bullets. Both are super CCWs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bud's had 'em a couple weeks ago. I got a black/HC. Bud's picture showed black slide, so I assumed it was black chrome, but I received chrome, looks like stainless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bud's had 'em a couple weeks ago. I got a black/HC. Bud's picture showed black slide, so I assumed it was black chrome, but I received chrome, looks like stainless.
I noticed the same thing when I ordered and I questioned it. The next day it was fixed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts