Chrome job o my P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by enigma4you, Aug 20, 2008.

1. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

A few weeks ago I picked up a 1st gen p3at with 18 rounds thru it. I was going to seel it but my wife decided she liked it. I did a good fluff and buff and decided to let her keep it.  I have been talking to a local guy the does Chrome and plating. Well today I called him up and took my p3at slide to him.  4 hours later he called me and told me to come pick it up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had him bead blast it and do a light buff. I wanted a matt finish. it came out pretty good

Cost was 20 bucks with a 4 hour turn around.. He is going to do some other gun stuff for me including the p-11 going shiny on it and some of my older mossbergs

2. Cremator

Cremator New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Are you sure that is not a 2nd gen. It looks like the 2nd gen extractor.

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    It is a second generation.

-Scott

4. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

You are both correct and I owe you a cookie. I cant read, when I looked at the post to find out if I had I first or second gen I got my left and right mixed up I guess. Thank you for the correction and for making me feel even better about paying under 200 for this gun

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Wow! Under $200.00 (+$20.00) for an all but new plated 2G P3AT - what a steal.

That barrel chamber area looks very shiney, has it been polished?

Take care...

6. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

Yep I polished it. I have a bench grinder. I went to northern tool and purchased 2 buffing wheels that will fit it, it you stack those wheels you get a large buffing surface.

7. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Congrats...
    Nice looking gun at nice price! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bobo

8. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Looks great enigma! What part of the country do you reside? I hope it's close to me cause 20.00 for a chrome job sounds like it's right up my alley!!! ;)

9. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Looks great. Congratulations on a great deal.

Happy Shooting to you.

Bo Bryant

10. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Re: Blow job o my P3AT

Yep I polished it.  I have a bench grinder. I went to northern tool and purchased 2 buffing wheels that will fit it, it you stack those wheels you get a large buffing surface.[/quote]

My barrel looks like that too. I used Flitz, and some 2"x2" cotton bore cleaning patches. The ox is slow, but the Earth is patient. I have lots of patience, except when it applies to stupidity, but that is another thread.