Choosing a slip on hand grip for P3-AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jjparker, Mar 21, 2008.

1. jjparker

jjparker New Member

Mar 17, 2008
    This is a popular accessory for these little guns, so I thought I would chime in with my preference.

I ordered the;
    Pachmayr Slip-on Pistol Grip #4
    and the
    Hogue Handall Jr. Universal Grip sleeve for most compact autos
    (both cheap at cheaperthandirt.com)

I took both for a spin, and the Pachmayr only requires a trim of 1/8 inch off the bottom to fit great.

Hope this helps someone and can maybe save you from running my mad little experiment.

JJ

[​IMG]

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    [​IMG]

on the pads from Sprinter. Have had the Hogue and didn't like the finger grove(s). There is already so little room on this grip that I didn't like some sleeve telling me where my fingers needed to go. Sprinter's, while not fancy, sticks the best of anything I have had my hands on, and combined with is pads is S P E C T A C U L A R !!!

-Scott

4. gilbertfamily2000

gilbertfamily2000 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    +1 on what Scott said.

I ordered the pads/grip cover from ktaddons.com on Tuesday, got them today (Friday). I installed them and can't wait to shoot the gun. They look and feel great.

Nothing beats doing business with a fellow KTOGer! :)

GoVols

5. Largestal

Largestal New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    My pads and grip arrived but I want to make sure I do not mess this up. I have no prblem installing the pads but does anyone have suggestions as the best/safest way to install Sprinter's slip-on grip?

I searched but my sorry tail could not find anything, even on his site.

Thanks!

6. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Just stretch it over the grip and pads and slide it on. It will then form to the pads and grip.

7. Largestal

Largestal New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    thanks, just wanted to make sure and do it right. Just with the pads it feels much better.

Thanks again

8. eduk8tor

eduk8tor New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    If you haven't got Sprinter's grip on yet, after you've got the grip started on the handle, you might try pulling up from the inside on the left side then on the right, so gradually the grip will make it up to the top of the handle where you want it, seemed to go on easier for me that way. Haven't found anything better for my P3-AT! :cool:

9. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    The Handall works great on the P3 with a couple wraps of cloth grip tape underneath it, my only regret was not doing a search first and learning to install it upside down. :p

10. justin81

justin81 New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    I was looking for info last night on this and ordered the Sprinter's pads and cover! Can't wait till they get here. :D

11. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    For my P11 and PF9 I use a Handall Jr., but for my P3AT I use Sprinter's grip cover because it was the only thing that really fit. The reasons I used the Handall Jrs. for the P11 and PF9 is, first, because I already had them, and second, I thought they looked better. However, it appears that Sprinter is now offering textured grip covers that look very nice. If I didn't already have my Handall's that is what I'd buy now.

And the recoil pads work...

12. Ziggy

Ziggy New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    At your local craft store (Hobby Lobby, Michaels, whatever) they sell thin sheets of self adhesive craft foam. My hogue jr. was a little loose...so I bought a sheet of foam, cut two strips from it, and adhered them to the front and backstrap of my grip. Slid the hogue jr. over them (nice tight fit now) and added a dot of superglue to keep the darned hogue in place.
    The addition of the foam to the hogue changed the feel of recoil noticeably. The whole thing is still in place a year (i.e. a few hundred rounds) later, for an outlay of about a buck.

13. Buck

Buck New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    I just got Sprinters pads and grip. Fits great even with a Crimson Trace on it. Quick shipping too.

14. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Had Hogue Jr on for about a year or so but got tired of the grip slipping down all the time but otherwise liked it. Switched to Sprinter's, one set pads and grip, and find I like it better except for "bike tube" look (I understand that the sleeve is not actually from a bike inner tube but that is what it looks like to me).

Take care ...

15. justin81

justin81 New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    I ordered on Monday, and got my Spinter's pads and cover in the mail yesterday. I double padded it, put the cover on and what a difference!!! They are fantastic. Couldn't ask for a better fit, and the pads make it so much more comfortable. I can't wait to get it to the range.