Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
On member here was in the very long process of making a barrel, as of January 2017 he wrote "Obama is gone my LGS has started to build my barrel again. Patience"

All I can say to that is ... its a doable thing, gonna be expensive, and you need the right place to do it. My old shop could have done it easily, but there were people who knew what needed to be done, other folks who knew how to do it, and we had everything in terms of machinery - even a full size EDM available. Making tools to do a job was no issue. Most shops don't have that capability.

As for the choke tube adapter, oh heck yes! Got one, it does fine. I got one that was not the KT product. It was SMT Tactical. I wanted RemChokes not WinChokes. Reason being that Remington offers a really nice breaching choke, and I haven't seen one as nice for WinChoke threads. Ended up getting three other tubes as well. Rifled choke tubes should work. YMMV on accuracy of course.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Got one, it does fine. I got one that was not the KT product. It was SMT Tactical. I wanted RemChokes not WinChokes.
Ahmen brother! Me too! There is a difference.
If you could make a choke-tube that worked, that was only 1" long, there wouldn't be any out there longer than that.
It's how rapidly it scrunches shot together (or in the case of Remchokes, NOT!).

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Thanks. I will definitely look into one. Was fairly accurate with no choke with slugs at 50 yards, but i wasn't impressed with the number 6 shot and up on the pattern. Never know, I might use it to bird hunt! lol
Anything is better than the cylinder bore that the KSG comes with.
Choke tubes open up the whole rest of the world to the KSG. Skeet, birds, even waterfowl with 3" and an extra-full choke. So much to love. The KSG is not just for PD anymore!
It's like adding 4 different barrels:eek:.
Just remember not to shoot slugs thru anything tighter than modified, it opens them up and ruins them.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I went with a beast muzzle from gearhead works. And a it comes with a choke adapter. I have a rifled in it.

Reactions: Dion

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anything is better than the cylinder bore that the KSG comes with.
Choke tubes open up the whole rest of the world to the KSG. Skeet, birds, even waterfowl with 3" and an extra-full choke. So much to love. The KSG is not just for PD anymore!
It's like adding 4 different barrels:eek:.
Just remember not to shoot slugs thru anything tighter than modified, it opens them up and ruins them.
I was actually joking about bird hunting with my KSG, but you have to admit....it would be an attention getter. Would just have to put in a plug so out local game warden wouldn't have a fit! LOL Thanks for the info though, really appreciated.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I went turkey. Didnt shoot one. Cory shot two. But if they came my way i would have got a gobbler with the KSG.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
...Choke tubes open up the whole rest of the world to the KSG. Skeet, birds, even waterfowl with 3" and an extra-full choke. So much to love. The KSG is not just for PD anymore!
I got mine with a turkey choke and 3" shells.
Out-standing!!!
That's 'home-defense' all right:D.
If your home is threatened by hoards of evil turkeys, take up arms!:pewpew:
The KSG with a proper choke is as much a shotgun as any other, even more-so compared to many others
Green Black Yellow Facial expression Emoticon
Now let's ask the turkey how well the KSG worked...

Sorry, but he seems to have no comment:rolleyes:. (I suspect Russian hacking, #WolfBlitzer)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.