Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like there is are an several finish choices for our little kel-tecs discussed on this board. I've tried to choose the most popular and interesting ones in this poll.

The cost difference between the choices is pretty small, less than $60 spread from the cheapest option to the most expensive.

So, without considering cost or downtime, what would be your finish choice?

Feel free to post images to back up your choice!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I like my Parkered just fine. I would like to send it off some day to be chromed or nickled but right now it is my only pistol and until I can get up funds for another of some type, I can not part with it.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Can't vote because I like them all except factory blue equally, but different. For concealed carry I think it hard to beat a black gun, therefore Park'd. For showiness and looks some of the HC and coloring options all look nice but appeal to me in different ways at different times.

-Scott (who is still looking at pimping out a gold P3AT)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, I'm still an amateur with finishes, so my vote should be a tiny one. But when I voted it counted just as much as everyone elses. Go figure. The option I overlooked was nickel plating, or that might have been my choice. Never seen it in person though, just the photos.

G

·
Can we vote for all of them?   ;D

From top down:
CCR Stainless Look
KT hard Chrome
KT Blue

:'( No parked for me yet :'(

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I think I prefer the factory HC. Other finishes look very nice in the pictures I've seen, but if I ever have to have a slide replaced by KT, I know I'll get a new HC one if that is what I purchased originally. Aftermarket finished slides will just be replaced by a blued one and you would have to spend the money again to get the aftermarket finishe re-applied.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I find the (unpainted) sights easier to use on our hard chromed P3AT than the blued gun.  That could just be my old eyes, but I shoot the chromed pistol more accurately.

TucsonMTB . . . who might be getting old  ::)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Electroless Nickel finish for Kel-Tec Pistol?

Electroless Nickel is the ideal finish for slides, but what I'm looking for is
a flat black or matte black finish of the same indestructibility, thickness (almost nil) hardness, durability
of EN.

I prefer the black for concealment purposes, but I have been unsuccessful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.