Choice of finish for Kel-Tec Pistol?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by pfb, Oct 18, 2007.

1. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    It seems like there is are an several finish choices for our little kel-tecs discussed on this board. I've tried to choose the most popular and interesting ones in this poll.

The cost difference between the choices is pretty small, less than $60 spread from the cheapest option to the most expensive.

So, without considering cost or downtime, what would be your finish choice?

Feel free to post images to back up your choice!

2. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    I like my Parkered just fine. I would like to send it off some day to be chromed or nickled but right now it is my only pistol and until I can get up funds for another of some type, I can not part with it.

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Can't vote because I like them all except factory blue equally, but different. For concealed carry I think it hard to beat a black gun, therefore Park'd. For showiness and looks some of the HC and coloring options all look nice but appeal to me in different ways at different times.

-Scott (who is still looking at pimping out a gold P3AT)

4. tommy51s

tommy51s New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Kansas City
    Well, I'm still an amateur with finishes, so my vote should be a tiny one. But when I voted it counted just as much as everyone elses. Go figure. The option I overlooked was nickel plating, or that might have been my choice. Never seen it in person though, just the photos.

5. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
  6. Can we vote for all of them?   ;D

[​IMG]

From top down:
    CCR Stainless Look
    KT hard Chrome
    KT Blue

:'( No parked for me yet :'(

7. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I think I prefer the factory HC. Other finishes look very nice in the pictures I've seen, but if I ever have to have a slide replaced by KT, I know I'll get a new HC one if that is what I purchased originally. Aftermarket finished slides will just be replaced by a blued one and you would have to spend the money again to get the aftermarket finishe re-applied.

8. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    +1

9. TucsonMTB

TucsonMTB New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Tucson Arizona
    I find the (unpainted) sights easier to use on our hard chromed P3AT than the blued gun.  That could just be my old eyes, but I shoot the chromed pistol more accurately.

TucsonMTB . . . who might be getting old  ::)

10. Dan-O

Dan-O Active Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Kansas
    My vote is for Ceracoat, followed by Jack F, plating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. old_ironsights

old_ironsights New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Electroless Nickel finish for Kel-Tec Pistol?

Electroless Nickel is the ideal finish for slides, but what I'm looking for is
    a flat black or matte black finish of the same indestructibility, thickness (almost nil) hardness, durability
    of EN.

I prefer the black for concealment purposes, but I have been unsuccessful.

[​IMG]

12. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    [​IMG]

LOOKS GREAT!