Check out this response by Kel-Tec support!

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by nerdsgetchicks, Mar 29, 2010.

1. nerdsgetchicks

nerdsgetchicks New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    My email:

I received the replacement mag and it works great. I am sending back the bad one. The only problem I have with my SU-22 is that it will not take ANY type of CCI .22lr rounds. It will only take Federal, or Remington XL. The CCI actually gets stuck in the feed and I have to use a knife to get it out. It has also bent 4 rounds of ammo. I have a picture of this that I took with my phone. http://i39.tinypic.com/a0doup.jpg

I really honestly am at a loss as to why the CCI will not feed. I have tried twice and no luck. Even after 2 cleanings.

I will say that it does perform fantastic with the Federal, but I am partial to the CCI rounds. I have tried CCI Mini Mags, CCI Velociter, and CCI Stinger and none of these will feed and have actually made a small indentation on the feedramp from the misfeeds that got bent in half.

The serial on the barrel is V0D94

Thanks

The response:

they are ammo sensitive , stick with brands that work well, thanks

All I can say is.....WOW....what a response. That was the response no editing at all (Cut and pasted). Maybe I should have called! :eek:

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Calling is better if you want some interaction and details. Kel-Tec customer service is very good on the phone, but not so good on the email. Some people don't get any email response. Others, like you, get a terse response. I suspect whoever sends the customer service emails didn't get an A in typing class. :D

3. sparkyy

sparkyy New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    well ,they are straight to the point. :eek:

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    fwiw, I have never seen a firearm that will not shoot CCI.

wow.

5. nerdsgetchicks

nerdsgetchicks New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I was just as confused. Kinda ****ed me off a bit. :'(

6. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Conversely, I found that my SU22 functions 100% with CCI ammo, about 98% with Federal and fails about 30% with Remington. Of course, all my guns fail 30% of the time with current useless, no QC Remington rimfire.

7. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    i won't even waste my money on remington. i have never found a gun it works in reliably.

8. Stompy

Stompy New Member

May 17, 2010
    +1 on the Remington. That stuff causes all kinds of FTFs and FTEs. I wont buy it ever again.

9. Mr_G

Mr_G New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    I got the same type of reply from KT also. Short and not sweet.

As far as ammo issues read my failure to feed and eject posts. Federal bulk 550 ,Winchester 333 packs and Federal match all work great. CCI still will not work reliably for me. Go to walmat and stock up on Federals. They work and are the least expensive.

10. Quigley56

Quigley56 Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Baja Indiana
    Use your cell phone?

I always just call Kel Tec; they are very nice on the phone. The e-mail ain;t so good. Hint, my virus protection will not let me order anything from them on line; so I have to call. If you call in your order the shipping is cheaper, eh? :)

11. Beastly

Beastly Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Birmingham, AL
    Have you tried putting a caliper on the rounds checking for length? Checking the feed ramp?

12. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Beastly, this post is 3 years old. The OP hasn't posted since. I doubt he answers you.

13. Beastly

Beastly Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Birmingham, AL
    Sigh, Quigley sucked me into a necro-thread.

There needs to be a box warning when replying to a thread more that xxx old - "This thread hasn't been active in 73 years, are you SURE you want to post?"

14. kuntreebouy

kuntreebouy New Member

Mar 19, 2013
    I ordered a plr muzzle brake off their website for my su16c and a month later my bank account was hacked,:eek: I don't order anything off line anymore, idc if they have the safeseal or not, I refuse to do it

15. Quigley56

Quigley56 Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Baja Indiana
    I told you guys to phone in your order, eh? KEL TEC's web page is not safe according to my Virus protector; I failed to mention that you must use a CREDIT Card or Pay Pal on line to be safe. Never use a Debit card or give your account numbers, ever one should know this by now? I have dealt via the phone using my VSIA card with the people at Kel-Tec and have never had a problem.