Check out this Barbie P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Infantry_Gun_Guy, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Infantry_Gun_Guy

Infantry_Gun_Guy New Member

Feb 15, 2007
  2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yikes!  Another Pepto3ATbismal.  :eek:

3. Ginrai

Ginrai New Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Yes, nauseating isn't it? Here's another...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87408167

Has anyone ever the Rose Special Edition of the 3AT? (May have been the 32 actually.)?

It has the chrome slide with a black laser engraved Rose on top of the slide along with some lettering identifying it. Actually rather nice looking if I remember correctly.

4. Ginrai

Ginrai New Member

Dec 17, 2007
  5. Infantry_Gun_Guy

Feb 15, 2007
    I think that they are a good Idea if they get women to shoot. I know my pink obsessed lady who already likes to shoot would just love a pink pistol.

6. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    This one with the "Duren" trigger job is a regular on Gunbroker. They can't seem to sell it (gee, wonder why?) but they keep on re-listing it.

7. Both.... the pink 3AT and the .32 with the rose keep showing up.

My 2 cents...  The rose is over priced, and the pink is just ... well  PINK!

Unless a gal shoots a lot, I would not give them, or suggest, that they carry a small auto loader ... and especially the 3AT.

These lil guns are not the easiest to shoot, with limpwrisitng being a particular problem with the 3AT.

I would rather see a part time hardly ever shooter carry a small .38 revolver.  I just got my wife to the point where she is willing to try a gun out.  (It took the mall shooting for things to get personal with her.)

We are going to shoot this Satruday or Sunday, and I will be giving her a S&W J Frame 2" Snubbie in Stainless.  I have already installed a CTC Laser on it.

I feel the revolver will be much easier for her to handle, and she will not have to worry about jams or misfeeeds.

8. Ginrai

Ginrai New Member

Dec 17, 2007
    I've got my girl to fire various guns over the years. Problem is she loves and wants to carry my .22lr. I and everyone else she knows has told her that not it's not enough to really stop someone. She did try a J frame 38 and "hated it more than she's ever hated a gun!" It's just too much kick for her, we're looking in to trying a PPKS or Bersa Thunder (I think that's the model name). But for now the snub nose revolvers are definitely out.

9. Plex

Plex New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Not sure I buy into that. A J frame has more perceived recoil than the P3AT in my opinion. Yeah, maybe if limp wristing is a problem the J will be easier to handle in that regard.

Personally, I want my weapon to look scary if I ever have to draw it. An emboldened thug might not take a pink gun seriously and you would have to escalate the fight.

--Plex

10. Infantry_Gun_Guy

Feb 15, 2007
    My girl likes to shot anything. She can handle my P11, but dosen't like the trigger. She even enjoyed the .357 Sig barrel I sold a while back. Her favorite pistol to shoot is my P226 9mm though. She has a PPK as well as a S&W 638, but she actually likes my new Ruger SP101 I just got today. She even shot 158gr .357 Mag rounds out of it DAO trigger and all. A gun like that SA XD will get girls to want to go to the range due to the cute factor. My girlfriend even liked the way it looks and wanted to give it a try. She has a thing for pistols.

11. keast

keast New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    I'm not a fan of those pink and other colored guns.  Not that it should ever happen but if for some negligent reason a child gets their hands on one, it is truely going to seem like a toy to them and bad things will happen.  Yeah, I know a black one will probably also look like a toy but the color ones will certainly make it stand out to a kid.  

12. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    And to think LEO's are ran through the shredder by the media
    because they shoot when drawed on by a toy gun >:( >:(

13. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007

Let us know how that goes. My wife Hates my 642. Too much kick out of the light weight gun. She loved my glock 23 more than anything. I may get her a G26 or something similar at some point. For now she is fine at home with the 12ga ;)

14. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    And to think I came in here just looking for pictures of P3's already painted to get color ideas for mine..... must say I am rather shocked to see so many hmm how do I say this... insults to women haha
    This little thing is a piece of cake to shoot and NO I am not some big manly woman either... just your normal 5'5 125 LB girl.. now grantted I am used to carrying a Baby Eagle 9 or my 44 Desert Eagle lol
    As far as the comment about a thug not going to take a pink or whatever toy color gun I might pull serious, well I look at it this way.. I would never pull it unless it was to the point the guy was going to take a bullet so yea let the moron laugh at the fact I pulled a "toy" on him... at least I can know he died happy.

I guess all I am trying to say is... give some of us females credit... we are not all little dainty flowers :D

15. BrowardSRT4

BrowardSRT4 New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    lol, To funny! ;D

16. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
  17. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    But I do have to say.. I am glad I got to see the pink 380... YUCK.. and to think I was almost ready to paint mine that color!!
    I do believe Godess Purple has won the battle :p

18. WOW....

The Pink 3AT SOLD for  [highlight]$320![/highlight]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87839352

I may rethink what I will do with the pink duracoat I bought on the trading post.

I got a good deal on it, thinking I would just buy me another color.....

Hmmmmmm   any one wanna buy a pink 3AT with a H/C slide?

Offer me...... oh.........$500?   ;D

19. Y'all can disparage pink (and other non-traditional color) firearms all you want -- to each his own.

As for me, I have guns (esp. my ARs) every color of God's rainbow and then some. :)

This past year I picked up a pair of those pink Cricket .22s for my twin daughters, to give to them this year for their first birthday (yes, after they open them I will put them away until they are old enough to shoot them...). They were even manufactured on the day the girls were born (Cricket puts the manufacture date on the receiver and on the box -- I hunted around and lucked into two from the right date, how cool is that?).

I also went ahead and bought a couple of pink sets of AR furniture (while they were available again -- pink is only a limited/sporadic run for CavArms) to put away until they are old enough to help me build them their first ARs. :D

20. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    That is WAY cool. :cool: