Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this 380 Hirtenberger. Has anyone shot any of this? My P3 doesn't like Federals American Eagle.

380 Auto FMJ-RN (95 GR.) Details & Associated Product Family

Austrian manufacturer Hirtenberger is world famous for top quality, highly accurate ammunition. Non-corrosive. Boxer primed. 50 rds.
Price: $10.87

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Define "all other ammo"?

Is your SG gun an early one without the feedramp scallop?

I can think of no reason it wouldn't do the exact same thing with any other RN bullet loaded to the same over-all length.

There is nothing different about the AE RN bullet shape that would make it do it any worse then any other RN-FMJ load. It is a copper-plated jacket, and slightly thinner then a cup & core bullet, but still?

rcmodel

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both are SG guns,the parkerized runs like a champ. The HC was a little fussy, so I took it back to Tina at KT and she did some ramp work on it (While I waited) Now it runs great like it's cousin ;)

I haven't ran any American Eagle thru it since it was tuned up at KT factory. I used it all in the park gun ;D

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
fwiw, jercdevil, please give rcmodel the credit due, in my time here I have NEVER known him to be wrong.

he has forgotten more about this than we can ever hope to know.

a bullet is a bullet, in the casing, if the OAL is the same, it should act the same.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Never heard of hirtenberger, but the price is not to bad considering todays market. Though I can still find quality stuff in the $9 range. I guess the $6 a box days are over. :'(

Must be nice to be able to mention a problem and on the same day say that you dropped by Kel-Tec and had it worked on ( notice I didn't say fixed ). Let us know if you get anymore smileys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bigdaddyv10 said:
Never heard of hirtenberger, but the price is not to bad considering todays market. Though I can still find quality stuff in the $9 range. I guess the $6 a box days are over. :'(

Must be nice to be able to mention a problem and on the same day say that you dropped by Kel-Tec and had it worked on ( notice I didn't say fixed ). Let us know if you get anymore smileys.
The Hard Chrome gun now works great no smiles and no failures at all. Still have not tried the american eagle ammo again.

Yes living 15 miles from KT is a bonus ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.