Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

Wondering if you all have this same occurence when charging your RDB? About 3/4 of the way back when charging my RDB there is a slight hitch. Basically its a little more difficult to pull back the last 1/4 of the way. I suppose its the mechanism that helps kick the round out the bottom correct me if am wrong. Should it be getting caught up a little there though?

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
This is not exactly a smooth action.
Check your cheek pad screws to see if any are past the rail and the BCW is hitting them.
If not, you're probably just typical.
Have you shot it?
Also remove the upper an work the hammer to feel for any issue. It should be smooth all the way back to the sear.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir, ive shot about 500 rds through it. Ill have to check those. Guess I am slightly paranoid because I had a similar issue with my KSG that I ended up selling. Yea definitely not a smooth action though, but regardless the gun has been fun more than anything else.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bolt Carrier Weldment? Not an acronym I'm familiar with, but I imagine that is what he meant.

That last 1/4 of the charging operation is normal I believe, it's when the bolt carrier engages and/or slides past the hammer which is fighting back a bit, if you will.

You'll get a similar feel when racking some AKs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a similar issue with mine, and turns out something on the sliding piece was getting snagged on the inside of the sling mount swivels. One of my sling mounts on the stock area didn't have a little metal spacer (I suspect that the Cerakote guy broke one, lost one or forgot to reassemble with it on there). Anyway, ordered a spacer, problem went away. Check the clearance on any inside-projecting pieces that may be loose (sling mounts, screws, bent metal frame pieces, etc.). You could have some bent or damaged pieces if there was significant resistance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.