Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
will be out this year for 32/380. Photo below, will be great for those having hard time racking slide. No more problem to chamber a round. Late this year. TRG Enterprises.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I was talking about something like this today for a ruger 22/45 and wondering if they made such an animal. I have an old guy in his 90's who called me about his ruger being jammed up and can't rack the slide. Had him bring it by and the problem is if the trigger is dry fired he just simply doesn't have the grip to pull through the firing pin spring. I was going to look for him or try and design one for him.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be for mom and dad, they are 85 but shot pretty darn good. Maybe you can come up with a machinist. I really like the style cause you could carry in certain holsters cause it is narrow. And carry in women's purse too.

It could be slight narrower on p32 and pistol 380. Photo shows large glock. And this one is removable ....This is a precision piece and the allen wrench idea helps a lot.. Members on ktog need these units. They might could be made out of that black hard plastic that's around every machine shop as long as it has Allen wrench? Serations on slide are precision.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, that's the buying web site! "dealer"

TRG is the owners shop and where they are made.

In America ..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now that is cool. Many females do not like semi auto handguns because they can't rack the slide. My wife and my neighbor both have .38 revolvers for that very reason. Nothing wrong with a wheelgun but the p-32 and p3at are both lighter and easier to conceal. That Ruger Sp101 feels like a brick in her purse. Don't need to shoot it. just swing the purse and KO the perp!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Now that is cool. Many females do not like semi auto handguns because they can't rack the slide. My wife and my neighbor both have .38 revolvers for that very reason. Nothing wrong with a wheelgun but the p-32 and p3at are both lighter and easier to conceal. That Ruger Sp101 feels like a brick in her purse. Don't need to shoot it. just swing the purse and KO the perp!
In my opinion, most females just think they can't rack the slide and since they think they can't, they don't really try when they're "trying". I got this opinion from watching Il Ling New (female gunsite instructor) on TV.

My wife kept saying she couldn't rack her G26 and showed how she was "really" trying and finally gave up. Then I bought her an Advantage Arms .22 LR conversion for her G26 and told her that since it was only a .22, anybody could rack it. So, she picked it up and racked it with no problems.

After she had shot it and racked it for an hour at the range, I switched back to the 9MM configuration and told her that I'd lied, that the .22 conversion was as easy (or hard) to rack as the 9MM one. She picked up the 9MM and racked it with absolutely no problems.

It was all psychological. Il Ling New said that many times on TV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The ones I spoke of are not 85 but both are limited by medical conditions. Perhaps the comments are true for "most" females but I can see a definite use for this product for individuals who have a weak side from stroke, limited by arthritis or other conditions which limit their physical ability to rack the slide on a semi auto. I am not in anyway affiliated with the company. Nor do I own any of their products. I just think it's a very innovative idea with a practical purpose.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm closing in fast on 75 yrs, and arthritis in my left thumb and forefinger has already made gripping a semiauto's slide with my left hand painful and difficult, and will eventually make it impossible if I live very much longer. My right hand is still OK and I usually rack the slide of all my semiautos from ultra-light KT to heavyweight 1911 by holding the grip with my left hand and pulling back the serrated slide with thumb and forefinger of my right hand. Of course that leaves the gun in my left hand and needing to be transferred over to my dominant right hand before firing, which results in a relatively slow progression from unloaded firing chamber in left hand to loaded chamber in right hand. That transfer could be disastrous in a SD event in which a fraction of a second could be the difference between life and death. I guess I could carry the 1911 in condition 1 ( cocked & locked) but that's always made me mentally uncomfortable when I tried it even though I have never heard of a 1911 accidentally firing while carried in Condition 1. I have other handguns, but none are nearly as well suited for CC as the KT. Bottom line, I need to buy that accessory for my P3ATas soon as it goes on the market.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You could also try some skate board tape on the sides of the slid. I have it on my cz,s and my 380. It makes a big difference, and it only costs 5 bucks a sheet. ;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
drh16, this thread and 4 others on this subject is for 85 year old pistol people.

your idea is good for younger shooters. I will be 60 next year, that's a LONG way from 85.

·
Registered
10 Posts
drh16, this thread and 4 others on this subject is for 85 year old pistol people.

your idea is good for younger shooters. I will be 60 next year, that's a LONG way from 85.
I am 67 and my wife is 69, she has no problem racking the slide. :)

How about the recoil when they shoot it, that mite be of some concern also.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It wouldn't get in my way shooting it, I am gonna get a couple of em. What you gonna do when you get arthritis. I don't know any 85 year olds that don't.

Do you know any 85 year old shooters?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have found over the years that with a semi auto you should push with the hand that is on the grip and just hold the slide with the other hand it is much easier to chamber a round by pushing then pulling back . Just a thought

1 - 20 of 20 Posts