Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
There is a hack for that. If you take a knife and cut the plastic away from your charging handle...you'll find a stock, round charging handle.

Kel Tec uses a round, metal charging handle as the base when injection molding the square handle.
Cool, huh?

Or go to the Kel Tec website and order a round one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a hack for that. If you take a knife and cut the plastic away from your charging handle...you'll find a stock, round charging handle.

Kel Tec uses a round, metal charging handle as the base when injection molding the square handle.
Cool, huh?

Or go to the Kel Tec website and order a round one.
I can't find it on their website

·
Registered
383 Posts
I decided that the best option is actually a hybrid. I cut away some of the plastic of the "new" handle, so it has a shape resembling an AK handle, but retains the case deflector. This way it continues to work like the "new" handle, but allows to grab it even easier than the original round handle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided that the best option is actually a hybrid. I cut away some of the plastic of the "new" handle, so it has a shape resembling an AK handle, but retains the case deflector. This way it continues to work like the "new" handle, but allows to grab it even easier than the original round handle.
Yea im not looking to cut anything away. Just looking for one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just so you know, if you call KelTec and explain you have a C model and that you had FTE's probably caused by the charging handle, they replace it with the old model.

I emailed and I received the replacement within a week.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just to add to my post above re. stock numbers, the old round handle is apparently #122 and the new "deflector" handle is #422 at the factory. Unfortunately, the web store feels it appropriate to substitute at will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.