Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up a new S2K G2 and cleaned it then putting it back together I must have the bolt assembly upside down in the tube. I didn't discover I had a problem until I noticed the recoil spring wouldn't go all the way back in. I had put the charge handle in but it seems to be stuck in position and won't come back out. Anyone manage to do this then get the handle back out? Anyone know any tricks to get the handle out. Thanks! See pics.

I sent KT an e-mail hope to hear something back!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
Have you removed the recoil spring? It fits into the notch in the charging handle and holds it in the bolt.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spring is out. Just the entire bolt assembly remains and the stuck charge handle. A moment of in-attention I'm sure I put it in upside down.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could just hacksaw the sucker off low enough that bolt assembly will slide back out. Handle will move up and down some so I could expose as much neck on it as possible and saw it off. I can then send bolt off to KT for repair and a new charge handle or try to fix it myself and a new charge handle.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I could just hacksaw the sucker off low enough that bolt assembly will slide back out. Handle will move up and down some so I could expose as much neck on it as possible and saw it off. I can then send bolt off to KT for repair and a new charge handle or try to fix it myself and a new charge handle.
Sounds like this has been done before. Before you break out the hacksaw, have you read this thread?
http://www.thektog.org/forum/f85/sub-2000-gen-2-charging-handle-stuck-266236/

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks will try this tomorrow! I wore my hands out trying to remove it tonight. I even had the handle protected and used the biggest visegrips I had but no luck.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It won't come out of the tube as charge handle is stuck. I can go back and forth the length of the slot on the tube and the handle will move up and down maybe 1/4 inch or so otherwise locked in place!

Self inflicted on this one!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still stuck and no reply from KT so the blade comes out tomorrow! Hope I can get the bolt apart no issues and order a new handle or 2.

Live and learn, sigh!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Spring is out. Just the entire bolt assembly remains and the stuck charge handle. A moment of in-attention I'm sure I put it in upside down.
Unless something is way out of spec, you can not put the handle in the wrong side of the bolt assembly. The hole is too small on the opposite side. Are you sure something did not fall in the hole that the spring goes in that is keeping it retained? Did you try smacking the tube (vertically) on a block of wood to try and dislodge any foreign object?

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unless something is way out of spec, you can not put the handle in the wrong side of the bolt assembly. The hole is too small on the opposite side. Are you sure something did not fall in the hole that the spring goes in that is keeping it retained? Did you try smacking the tube (vertically) on a block of wood to try and dislodge any foreign object?
Thanks, ya I have tried everything I can think of. I have been taking apart and putting S2Ks back together for quite some time and never had an issue! I decided to box it up for a few days and check in with my gunsmith neighbor this week-end and if it is to be fixed i bet he can do it! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had to hacksaw charge handle off and then tried to push firing pin in enough to allow rest of charge handle to release no luck. I took a punch and knocked out the piece that was stuck and replaced firing pin. Cleaned up, lubed and back together finally! Lesson learned there!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Oh, so it was stuck in the actual bolt like that linked thread. I thought it was stuck in the buffer somehow. It was sort of hard to see in the posted picture. In any case, glad you got it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.