Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a PMR 30 for my wife. She has real difficulty racking the slide because of arthritis issues. Does anyone make a charging handle or charging ring for the PMR 30? Similar to the ones made for the Rugers or Buckmarks that attach to the back of the slide and give you a loop to pull the slide back. I have not been able to find one. May need to have a gunsmith adapt one to the PMR 30.:help::help:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have looked at several of this type online but I am hesitant to pay $40 or $50 to order one on the outside chance that it might be the right size to fit the Kel Tec. I will have to look locally to see if I can find any so I can try it. The ones I have seen are brand and model specific and none so far have listed inside measurements so I can tell if it might be close. I was hoping that some company had already done the work to fit one to the Kel Tec PMR 30.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a PMR 30 for my wife. She has real difficulty racking the slide because of arthritis issues. Does anyone make a charging handle or charging ring for the PMR 30? Similar to the ones made for the Rugers or Buckmarks that attach to the back of the slide and give you a loop to pull the slide back. I have not been able to find one. May need to have a gunsmith adapt one to the PMR 30.:help::help:
The simplest thing that I can think of is shown in the following pictures.
Start with 4-1/2 inches of 14 ga. copper wire. Putting some heat shrink on the middle back might be a nice touch. The screws are 6-32 x 3/8"

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Machine Tool

Pretty sure I could fabricate something that would require the area in red to be shaved down but utilizing oval head hardware there wouldn’t be any noticeable protrusion to your line of sight. Mind you this is a really rough diagram that I made at 11:30 at night using my iPhone.

BTW my name is Elle, I’m an architectural student in addition to being a motorcycle master tech for close to 19 years. Skilled in most forms of CAD and rapid prototyping methods. So if you’d like something made I can design you something a bit more sturdy than that, my suggestion is buy an extra PMR30154 Slide Cover send it to me and I can whip up something at my shoppe and send back a finished product that’s ready to mount.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just copied your post and put it in here https://www.thektog.org/threads/what-accessories-would-you-like-for-the-pmr-30.271976/#post-2469106

·
Registered
200 Posts
How about an RDS base plate and extend it around and beyond the back of the slide with a hole. Dual purpose.
I'm probably going to go with the claw type instead of the halo type. I know it probably never happens, but all I can think about is someone somehow slam firing it with their finger in the hole and permanently crippling themselves. I also plan on making the charge handle a separate piece from the rds mount so it can be used with or without and interface with several mounts for various red dot sights.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Are you planning on getting a red dot sight for it or are you going to stick with the iron sights?

·
Registered
74 Posts
The simplest thing that I can think of is shown in the following pictures.
Start with 4-1/2 inches of 14 ga. copper wire. Putting some heat shrink on the middle back might be a nice touch. The screws are 6-32 x 3/8"

that's F'n AMAZING
simple and functional (not pretty, but it'll get the job done)
great inspiration for other ideas too

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just realized this thread is super old. Anyway after looking at it again, due to the ribs on the slide cover and the height of the iron sights I'll probably just end up adding a ring or claw to a RDS mount. Which do you guys prefer? I don't really have any experience with either one.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ring vs. Claw. For me on my Mark's-> I prefer the Ring. I get a more even pull for some reason. I put off getting a charging ring on my Mark III 22/45 because of cost but very glad I did. Much better on my old hands and less pinching at the range. Good idea or two here on a old thread for the PMR 30. Good job Elle! Nice.

Reactions: Briggs3269

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 45438

Pretty sure I could fabricate something that would require the area in red to be shaved down but utilizing oval head hardware there wouldn’t be any noticeable protrusion to your line of sight. Mind you this is a really rough diagram that I made at 11:30 at night using my iPhone.

BTW my name is Elle, I’m an architectural student in addition to being a motorcycle master tech for close to 19 years. Skilled in most forms of CAD and rapid prototyping methods. So if you’d like something made I can design you something a bit more sturdy than that, my suggestion is buy an extra PMR30154 Slide Cover send it to me and I can whip up something at my shoppe and send back a finished product that’s ready to mount.
--------------------------
Hi. I'm new to this feed, but I'm really looking for something like you've suggested you can make. Were you successful? Do you have any pics you can share. Evidently, I'm not the only one who wants some kind of charger for the PMR30, but I've scoured the internet. Nobody makes one specifically for that gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.