Change Frame Color??

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Jerry_WA, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Jerry_WA

Jerry_WA New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Well I got beat out on a hard chrome with a gray frame, and the next best deal I can find is a blued with a green frame.
    Does anyone know if the frame can be changed to a less hideous color?
    I don't mean just 'painting' it with a sharpie. That, IMHO, is like putting duct tape on a $100,000 hot rod. I mean a DECENT permanent color change.
    I know....SEARCH! I did, with several options, and can't find a solution. :-/
    FLAMES ON!!! ;D

2. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    You can order a brand new grip in any color your little heart desires direct from Kel-Tec.

3. Jerry_WA

Jerry_WA New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Thanks, Pedro.
    If I had the $$$ to spare, I'd hold out for the one I really want: Hard chrome with gray grip.
    Trying to save a few ducats.....

4. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    My P3AT is navy blue / hard chrome. i must say it's probably my favorite combo. gray / hard chrome is really nice too. :)

5. Jerry_WA

Jerry_WA New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    So YOU'RE the one! Beat me out, did ya? I suppose a trade is out of the question? ;)

6. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Sorry, This little mouse gun isn't going anywhere. Have you tried Gun Broker? I found mine at a gun shop all the way in Wyoming.

7. Pedro did not steal it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW-  You can use dura coat or some of the other spray and bake type gun specific paints on the grip.

Worst case scenario if you dopn't like it is you send Kel-Tec a few buck to buy a new grip.

And the Navy/Chromed-  Only available through a wholesaler called MidSouth Distributors.  Ask you local shop if they can buy from MidSouth, and then palce an order and HOPE.

8. Jerry_WA

Jerry_WA New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    This is the one I'd REALLY like, but.....all YOU guys snatched up the good 'uns!
    Edited: Image deleted after posting. >:( Hard Chrome with Gray Frame is what I have been looking for..... ::)

9. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    You can also dye a grip, with Rit dye for instance, but I can't think of any good colors to combine with the standard green (olive drab) grip.

10. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I've seen something like that before:

[​IMG]

-Scott

11. Jerry_WA

Jerry_WA New Member

Nov 15, 2008
  12. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Navy / hard chrome units are only sold by Sports South distributor to their dealers ;
    http://www.internetguncatalog.com/

True as long as those colors are black, gray or green ,no others sold (including the navy blue, those are special order for sports south only)