Centerline (Around 2 oclock) Carry holster options

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by riese, Mar 5, 2008.

1. riese

riese New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    I want to get away from pocket carry and dont feel comfortable with the clip given the open trigger guard. I want to carry it as my BUG around my front centerline. Any thoughts on Holsters? I saw CTAC made one. Any others? Anyone have any experience with CTACs model for the P3AT?

Thanks!

Riese

2. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Re: Centerline (Around 2 oclock) Carry holster opt

Not to get technical but 2 o clock is probably called 'appendix' position.

3. kaltectom

kaltectom New Member

Jun 4, 2005

You might try IWB (in the waist band) I do all configurations depending on my clothes. I have a Don Humme IWB that works great if you don't tuck your shirt. In fact.....if possible that would be my preference .... in the waist.

4. riese

riese New Member

Mar 8, 2005

Very true. I should have elaberated a bit. On my side gig I wear dress pants so I have pretty much no choice except pocket carry. Despite this, when I'm off duty and not at my second job I would like my EDC to basically have a Centerline componant. Currently, my only Centerline componant to my EDC is a Small TDI Knife I wear immidetaly to the left of my belt buckle (My Support Side.) The handle of the blade would force me to put the P3AT at around 1:30/2:00 for concealment purposes. I really dont want to pocket carry my P3AT becuase at close to or at contact ranges I dont want to run the risk of adrenaline getting the best of me in a bad situation and litterly get my hand stuck in my pocket (Its been shown through FOF training and unfortunatly real incidents that in these types of situations it is possable to litterly get your hand stuck in your pocket due to adrenaline causeing a person to make a fist and getting his/her hand stuck.) There was a situation just like this several years ago where two Officers (RIP) literely died with their hands in their pockets because they were getting rounds to reload their revolvers and both were DOA with their hands in there pockets in fists.

Anywho, I am looking for a quality IWB holster for my P3AT which I can carry at around 2oclock. Any thoughts guys and gals?

Thanks!

Riese

ETA: Sorry about spelling and all but I'm late for work and am a terrable speller. :-[ :-[

5. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007