catching brass for reloading

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by johndeeere1979, Dec 30, 2007.

1. johndeeere1979

johndeeere1979 New Member

Dec 28, 2007
    just wondered if any of you guys have come up with a good way to catch spent brass coming out to the p-3 while at the range.

2. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    what ever you do don't try to catch it with you hands! :eek:
    i tried that with RJ and his 10mm and my arm still has a mark on it from the burn. :-[ ;D
    sorry i had to do that. ;D ;D

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I don't ususally range like most people, mine is out in the middle of the woods. But I have come to shooting from within a screened in 10x10 tent with tarp on the ground. It does a good job of keeping my brass easily to pick up just by folding up the tarp. And it saves having to go to another county to pick it all up as well. When I shoot at my "indoor range" in the barn I just let the brass pile up on the gravel floor.

If you are at an indoor range what about a broom once you are done?

-Scott

4. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Like Adamsesq I shoot at my own place so I have shot from inside a hunting blind, that keeps it near you. Other than that you need a large area to be able to find most of it.

5. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Yep, a tarp works pretty well. I don't reload but have saw several people use that method of brass collecting and it worked for them. YMMV

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I don't reload either but have a HUGE problem with people leaving brass laying around the woods.  

-Scott

7. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Have your shooting partner stand in the next county to your right and catch them as they come flying by................ ;D

wyo-man