Carrying the p3at full time

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by dynamos2000, May 4, 2005.

1. dynamos2000

dynamos2000 New Member

Apr 26, 2005
    The g/f says its making her nervous that I always carry my new baby with me even when in the house.

Anyone else dealt with that? I just know my luck... if its in the truck or by the bed, I'm not gonna have it that one time I MAY need it...

Anyway, I can't be the only one not in law enforcement or into crime that likes keeping their protection close by.

2. ddmau

ddmau New Member

Sep 7, 2004
        Ask her if she's ever heard of home invasions......
    there seems to be a rash of them lately...at least around here.

Folks who have never been around firearms are sometimes nervous when first exposed to them.....take her out shooting.....buy her her own pistol. It would "prove how much I care about you" (women love that stuff)....

A new KT in her choice of frame color would be a wonderful gift - just ask Wilson  ;D

3. Conk

Conk New Member

Sep 8, 2004
    I had the same issue with my wife.  Just don't make an issue of it and conceal it properly.  Either my wife decided to quit complaining about it or she doesn't notice.  Maybe she now realizes that the family is much safer now!

Conk

4. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia
    I am never without mine. If the kids are gone and I am running around the house in my underware it is stuck in the waistband via the Belt clip. Tell her I love you but this is a dangerous world and to get with the program. It is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    Do be careful and follow all saftey proceedures.

Grizzly
    ;D

5. BC

BC New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    If she is an inexperienced shooter, she should probably start off with something that has a more mild recoil, then she might enjoy her own P-32 or P-3AT.
    If you don’t have one, you can rent (or borrow) small caliber pistols at many ranges. A .22 is not as intimidating, and it is an excellent inexpensive plinker. She can learn how to shoot without being afraid of the noise and recoil. Once she knows how to shoot, she will appreciate a Kel-Tec for its compact firepower.

6. Conk

Conk New Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Thanks Grizz...

That is not a visual I want to think about. You must have super waistbands in your underware.

Conk- Who wears clothes because we are supposed to.

7. cheaptrickfan

cheaptrickfan New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    When I received my Florida "carry permit" in '97 and started carrying my wife was uncomfortable with it and at times made certain comments about it. So, I made it a point to not let her know I was carrying and the whole thing went away.

Just remember... "it is always better to have a gun at a gun fight than not".

8. AlbertD

AlbertD Banned

Jul 26, 2005
    Well, duh... ;D

Just like carrying a pie to a pie fight...

The proper quote is, "don't bring a knife to a gun fight..."

Autos of any kind can and WILL jam, but blades keep on stabbing and stabbing...

And pies never fail unless you miss or they taste like poop... :D
    -AlbertD

9. norfdet

norfdet New Member

May 27, 2005
    When I first started dating my wife she was a little uneasy with me carrying all the time. She just did not understand it more than anything. Although, she was dating a cop....what did she expect. Once I told her that it was manditory through my department that I be armed 24/7 she understood. Now 8 years later she reminds me to not leave the house without it. I just explained to her the same thing that most have said here. It is a crazy world out there and it is always better to be safe than sorry. I don't make a big deal about it and she had gotten used to it. The AT does make it easy to be descreet though.

10. smokey45

smokey45 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    I have two P-3ATs, one with a pocket clip, the other in a Nemisis pocket holster. My mode of dress dictates which one I carry. If I have my pants on, one of the two is on my person. They are my quaified BUGs, and always accompany me to work as well. No problem with my wife, she pocket carries a P-32, and carries a P-11 in her concealment purse. Ain't she sweet!!
    s45

11. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Yea, until she wants a different gun to color-coordinate with each purse or pair of shoes.

Wilson – who’s dreading the upcoming Fall Season :eek:

12. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I hear that earth tones are in this year.

13. smokey45

smokey45 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    It may be time for some ivory grips and some of Wilson's Rit Dye----------!
    s45

14. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    The wife hasn’t recently mentioned the gold slide (& trigger) with brown grip P-32, I promised her last fall. I suspect I’ll be hearing about it again in October when the weather cools a bit in Texas :'(

Wilson – who’s still looking for that $100 used P-32 to rehab

15. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Regrettably, Ivory grips used in the Flyer method are offered only for the P-32. Now there has been some success in dying P-3AT gray grips but the resulting color can be surprising :eek:

Wilson – who’s still trying to find his color wheel guide :-/

16. TEN-RING

TEN-RING New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Just tell that g/f of yours you have named your P3AT "PENI$", and it goes where you go.

17. diehl2u

diehl2u New Member

Sep 13, 2005
    My wife is not thrilled about gun's and I have learned not to bring them up unless I need to.....But I think I'm going to try to get her to the range with me and see how it goes....You never know......

18. Ray

Ray New Member

Mar 12, 2010
    My wife, a 4th grade school teacher, will not tolerate guns, has her mind made up and questions my interest in them as being a problem with me.

My response is not to try and change her views (which is highly unlikely) but to encourage her to think as she wishes and I carry as I wish.

It is a good example of how deeply concealed a P3-AT can be without her even knowing about it. Otherwise, we share everything.

If it doesn't exist, it is not a problem. ;)

19. smokey45

smokey45 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    I guess we all do whatever we have to do to keep the peace. I have been involved with guns all my life, I could have never gotten involved with anyone with such a different view. I am too zealous in the protection of our rights. There would be no peace in my household. Good luck! I hope you can find middle ground.
    s45

20. Ray

Ray New Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Well spoken s45. I admire your honesty and zealous protection of our rights.

Concealed carry is less than truthfull compared to a peacemaker on my hip. But if it keeps the peace in my family and still lets me protect my family, I think I have found the middle ground for me.

rc