Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a "Guru Convertible Pocket/Wallet Holster" for my P-3AT. I also own an "Uncle Mikes #2 Inside the Posket" holster. I drive a Corvette as some of you may have guessed. I cannot find a great place for my Kel-Tec while in my car. The best I can do is the center console with it in the Guru holster (flat side up). If I keep the gun in my pants pocket, it is nearly impossible to take out while seated in the car. It can't go under the seat, in between the seat and console or the door compartment. I tried to velcro the Uncle Mikes holster under the dash. That didn't work out as planned. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
I prefer over the visor.

Some like sewn into a seat cover or otherwise attached to the front of the drivers seat just underneath your legs.

Grandfatheroak.com makes a kydex holster with velcro that might do better attached to a console or under the dash than the uncle mike's.

Often I just drop it somewhere around the coin holder or on the floor in front of my seat depending on which I have at the time.

-Scott

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
In warm weather I often carry an AT in my right front pocket and a second one in a Stellerrigs vertical neck holster under my shirt. I can draw faster from the neck holster when I'm in my truck. If you don't want to carry 2 guns (and most people don't) you can buy the neck holster and wear it empty until you get in your vette at which time you transfer your gun to the neck holster.

If you don't like the neck holster you might consider an ankle holster as they are also easy to reach when seated. I much prefer to keep my guns on my person rather than stashed in my vehicle.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
fatman said:
I much prefer to keep my guns on my person rather than stashed in my vehicle.
Amen to this!

However, you decide to carry make darn sure it is very secure and won't come loose during an accident. Remember the FBI Miami incident? Two of the agents that were killed had taken out their pistols and laid them on the seat. The subsequent collision caused the pistols to go flying somewhere inside the vehicle. It would be a hellofa thing to have someone shooting at you and not be able to reach your pistol....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use the Fobus ankle holster a lot when carring in my car.

KEL TEC .32, .380 & P3AT ANKLE HOLSTER $40.99

Fits Kel-Tec .32, .380, & P3AT. Right-hand draw. Attaches to left ankle.

Some states have strange laws for carrying handguns in a car. At least with the Fobus ankle holster the handgun is REALLY concealed and can be drawn easily.

·
Registered
146 Posts
fatman said:
If you don't like the neck holster you might consider an ankle holster as they are also easy to reach when seated. I much prefer to keep my guns on my person rather than stashed in my vehicle.
Fatman, and I'd say this to someone who posted as skinnyman too. You don't have the foggiest idea of the reclining seating position of a Vette!!! You're lucky if you can touch the bottom of the dash, much less get to a holster strapped inside your pants at your ankles. I've driven my '69 Vette for 34 years, so that's how I know about such things!

vette...This is what I did. When in my most comfortable driving position, my right knee is slightly bent, resting against the center console, which is 2 pieces. The shifter part is separated from the e-brake lever part. I removed the screw on the left side that keeps the two pieces together, and slid the beltclip of an Uncle Mikes size 1 Sidekick right handed holster all the way in, then replaced the screw and escutcheon. When in place, my knee covers it from anyone peeking in my side window, the console is in the way from anyone looking in from the passenger window. If I need it, I just take my hand off the hurst shifter, move my right knee to the left, and I don't even need to lift my foot off the gas pedal, and slip it out into my hand. It would be perfect if it were medium saddle color instead of black. You didn't mention the year of your Chevy but perhaps you could come up with something similar. Good luck.

·
Registered
275 Posts
How about if you glue some velcro to your grip and attatch a loop around your wrist, it'll be right there.

Yea, I'm being a smart a.. But you drive a vette, so no matter where you stash it, you'll still be cool. 8)

Ned.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Good response onefunzr2. One can't beat the voice of experience.

I mentioned the ankle holster because I have friends who carry there and like it. None of us drive a vette.

My personal choice is the neck holster. It works in any vehicle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Braden said:
For holsters worn on the body, a cross draw is probably the most accessible while driving.
Once again... not while nestled down in a sports car seat. And especially with shoulder and lap belts fastened. Believe me, you might be able to cross draw your weapon while seated in the custom buckets of a Ford Crown Vic police interceptor, but you'll be pissing into the wind in a Vette.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
onefunzr2 said:
Once again... not while nestled down in a sports car seat.  And especially with shoulder and lap belts fastened.  Believe me, you might be able to cross draw your weapon while seated in the custom buckets of a Ford Crown Vic police interceptor, but you'll be pissing into the wind in a Vette.
Not intending to start a flame war or anything, but... If the above is true, why would anybody want to drive a sports car?

I'm with Braden, get a truck like any real red neck (and I can say that because I am PROUD to be one!)

-Scott

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oh c'mon, you know there's a comparison...it's like a tugboat or a tank. Or a Mack. But I'm sure you love it and it serves your purpose. And FYI,
New 'vettes have 505 horsepower and do 198mph. So there!

I don't see how any of your comments are helping solve the original poster's question, which was how best to conceal his KT in HIS vette. I've voiced my solution. Why don't you come up with something more constructive than, MY TRUCKS BIGGER AND BADDER THAN YOUR TRUCK? Good day.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.