Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have a question I am wondering if you can help me with.
I have recently bought the P3 and I love it. I am right handed and I have been carrying the gun in my left pocket with a cut down Uncle Mikes soft holster. Not so good. I have ordered 2 holsters. One is the IWB Mini Defender from K&D Holsters which I am not so patiently waiting for. I know it is going to be nice. I also bought a K-Rat pocket holster from Pale horse holster, which I received yesterday and it is a pretty nice holster. Up until I bought this gun, I carried a Spyderco Para Military knife in my right front pocket. Now, I feel that I must carry the P3 in my right front pocket as I am right handed. I cannot carry the Spyderco then in that pocket as it interferes with getting to the P3. My question then is how do you deal with this? I have tried to carry a Spyderco Native IWB, strong side at about the 4:00 position with mixed results. Should I just start carrying the knives in my left front pocket? I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
I have carried some type of Benchmade or Spyderco in my right front pocket for many years.

When the P3AT goes in the right front pocket, the folder moves to the right hip pocket next to my billfold. It works just as well, and is just as easy to get too in a hurry.
The trick is remembering that you put it in a different place. :eek:

Perhaps if you always plan to use the right-side gun carry, you might just move the folder to your right hip pocket and leave it there all the time so you always know where it is.

rcmodel

G

·
ront said:
Thanks for the reply rcmodel. How about when I am wearing cargo pants (like today) that have a flap over the back pockets?

Ron
Not rcmodel, but as I use the same set up in the summer, I changed my dress code. May not be as fashionable, but I have the tools I feel I need at a minimum at all times. It has been my experience that thoughtfull preparation goes into wardrobe selection with intent to carry concealed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
faced the same dilemma...

when the k-rat goes into the right front pocket, the benchmade goes into the left front pocket....as well as keys, money, etc.

the k-rat has been a favorite all summer. however, i'm still quite fond of the hedley back pocket.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
With flapped cargo pockets you can still carry hip pocket.

The knife is over on the right side of the pocket as far as it will go, and held there by the billfold. The pocket flap will clear the handle enough to get too it easily.

Give it a try and you will see what I mean.

rcodel

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mil-Dot said:
Not rcmodel, but as I use the same set up in the summer, I changed my dress code. May not be as fashionable, but I have the tools I feel I need at a minimum at all times. It has been my experience that thoughtfull preparation goes into wardrobe selection with intent to carry concealed.
So are you saying Mil-Dot that I should consider not wearing the cargo pants?

Ron

·
Registered
29 Posts
Now for my two cents worth.
I carry a benchmade, but my knives have always ridden in my left from pocket although I am right handed.
I don't consider my knife as a primary weapon but more as a tool for cutting. I keep it sharp, and it could be a weapon, but I prefer to carry my p3 in my right front pocket for quick access.
I have a grandfatheroaks pocket holster and unless it is in a light weight pair of pants, the printing of it on the right front is not a problem.
Just thought I would throw that in for free.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ront,
Works for me. Oh, I also have a back pocket holster. Works great unless the pants are a little snug. Presses on the cheek at that point, a little uncomfortable, but still works.
Also a rear pocket will also work in most cargo pockets of cargo shorts and pants.
I have only one problem with either front or rear pocket holsters. I am from the old school of guys who still carry a snot rag in the rear pocket. I miss my snot rag. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.