Carroll Gates  (atlasx)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by atlasx, Nov 14, 2008.

1. atlasx

atlasx New Member

Jul 24, 2005
    I am sorry, but I did not know where else to put this. I could not get logged in under my name.
    My husband, Carroll, was killed this morning in a car accident. He had some good friends on her, so
    do I. I don't know how I will go on without him.
    Please Pray for us!
    Thank You
    Ms. Mae

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Re: Carroll Gates  (atlasx)

Oh dear Mae.  I am so sorry.  I am in tears.  Please know that we are seriously lifting you up in prayer right now.

The KTOG community, nay this country has lost a great man.

Carroll, while we grieve we also have joy knowing that you are in your perfect forever body standing next to our Lord for whom you were such a great spokesman while here on earth. Please put in a good word for us.

-Scott

3. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006

Prayers for you guys... I don't know what else I can say. I'm so sorry...

4. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006

oh my, i'm so sorry to hear that. i only met Carroll once and it was a great pleasure. i will miss him dearly. please let us know if there is anything we can do to try and help.
    :'( :'( :'(

5. Stevil

Stevil New Member

Sep 8, 2004

How terribly saddening, my families prayers are with you at this difficult time. Carroll reached out to me during my own trials and helped me greatly with his kindness, wisdom and sage advise. He will be greatly missed.

God Bless.
    Steve

6. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004

None can truly understand the depth of your grief but please recognize that your anguish and your loss is shared by many of Carroll's friends here.

If any of us can help in any way, please say the word......... You are in my thoughts and prayers

Dan R

7. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    I am stunned and saddened by your loss, and of course it's our loss too. My prayers go out to you and your family.
    I can't add anything to what "adamesq" had to say.

8. Re: Carroll Gates  (atlasx)

Sorry to hear of his passing. My prayers are with you and yours. I never met Carroll in person, but he was always pleasant and supportive to everyone on this board. He will be missed.

9. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana

Miss Mae, you have my deepest sympathies. I must admit I spent more time talking to him the other day than I did when you came to Louisiana last year. Knowing now that it was my last conversation with him, I will cherish the good talk we had while waiting for you to get home. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to be of any help for you.

You have my deepest condolences.

CJ Hall

10. Badman400

Badman400 Well-Known Member

Mae, I am so sorry to hear this. I will miss him; we all will.

I had the pleasure of talking with him many times and learning so much from him on here, by phone and in person at the KY meet.

Please let me know if there is anything Debra and I can do and accept our deepest condolences. :'(

11. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006

You will be in my prayers Mae :'( I remember meeting Carroll and he was a great person.

12. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Mae,

I am so very sorry. I was thinking of Carroll earlier today. I was thinking of calling. I'm just sick. Is there anything I can do?

Please know we're thinking of you.

13. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006

I'd never had the chance to meet him but had looked forward to the opportunity at future KTOG events...I'm so sorry, all I can do is pray that God will comfort you and your family in a way only He can, which is beyond man's ability to comprehend. From my minimal experience across the internet, he was a good man, honest, friendly, and helpful. He is with his Father now.

Words fail, particularly when I realize that my sadness at such a loss, such as it is, is only a paltry, microscopic fraction of what must be endured by those genuinely close to him. As said, you are in my prayers.

14. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

Ms Mae
    I am so sorry to hear this. Carroll and you are such good kind people. He will be greatly missed. A true Southern Gentleman he was with kind heart and willing soul . Sherri and I will cherish the memories of this last summer getting to know you. Please do call us when it's good for you ( anytime and I mean that ) . Our prayers and thoughts are with you  :'( :'( :'(

And do please keep coming here to KTOG , we so enjoy your presence here too.

15. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Mae, I am so very sorry for your loss and terribly saddened at this news.  I think you know how much Carroll meant to all of us.  I enjoyed his company here on-line but especially in person.  He was such a kind and good man and it was a real joy and privilege to share his and your company.  We all love you very much.  Please know that Carroll now has his greatly deserved reward for a life well lived.  Try to get some rest.  Know that we are here for you in any way that you might need us. I am at a loss for words now but will call tomorrow.  

dale

16. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008

Wow. I am very sorry to hear of our losses. I never me Carroll but he was always very kind and extremely knowledgeable. Do not be sad and remember the good times. I am at a loss for words. I am sorry.

17. Bam_Bam

Bam_Bam New Member Supporter

Aug 29, 2005

Ms Mae,

I am so very sorry to hear this news, our dear friend, fellow KTOGer and mentor is no longer with us, but I know he is with the Lord! You both have been on my mind alot lately and I have been wanting to call and check on him, but have been too busy to call. I am so upset at myself for waiting. I love you both and have always enjoyed your company either here or at a shoot! I will always remember the first time I meet you both was in the North Ga mountains. I knew I had just meet some really great people that day, and my life had been touched by your friendship from that day on! I know nothing I say can stop the hurting and grief you must feel, but know this we are all grieving here with you Ms Mae, we have all lost a great friend, great person and a great mentor. You will be in our prayers!  :'( :'( :'(

Here is a picture I found in the Ga shoot thread of the group. For those who don't know him, he is the one kneeling in the red shirt beside me.

[​IMG]

Bam Bam

18. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

:-/

19. zappa50

zappa50 New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NIAGARA FALLS NY

:'( So sorry for your loss Ms Mae he was a great man and I enjoyed meeting the both of you at the national shoot :'( I know the sadness you feel right now because i lost my youngest brother today at age 47 from a heart attack and stroke

20. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005

im sorry for your loss

Dan Jr