Carriers for mags/clips

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by meijin, Jun 27, 2008.

1. meijin

meijin New Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Could anyone point me to where I could find some method of carrying extra clips? Most of what I am finding is WAY too big.

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Carry them how?  Where?  I usually throw them in my pocket.  Leatherman type knife holders work well too.  If you have some more specific carry types desired let us know and there is probably a way for that too - lots of experience here.

PS - [​IMG]

PPS -

3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
  4. ar15geek

ar15geek New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    You got more than one pocket, dontcha? ;D
  5. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    back pocket works great, looks like a slim phone or a really big lighter if it prints.
  6. bpd371

bpd371 New Member

Jun 27, 2008
    I always put my extra mags in the small watch pocket of my jeans or shorts. It fits perfectly for me, I have a buddy that uses an old ipod nano belt clip, too. Hope it helps.
  7. gnbrotz

gnbrotz New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    I grabbed an extra pouch from a"]Craftsman Utility Knife[/URL]. I've exchanged mine a couple of times when it starts to wear out, so I have some extra pouches. I found that a single mag fits just a bit loosely (closing the flap keeps the mag retained) and that two mags can be squeezed in and it will still close.

8. PaulBk

PaulBk New Member

Jun 21, 2005
  9. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Two stock mags will fit into an Altoids tin very handily. Not sure about it if you have the +1 or finger grip extension. A little closed-cell foam gasketing (from the weatherstripping aisle) would prevent rattle). Very discrete if you had to leave it on the seat of your car for some reason, or if non-gun lovers see it.

(Hi, I'm the new guy, hate self-introductions, bought used, have found it to be very dependable, 1 FTE in first 100 rounds, probably weak-wristed it - and hooray, the Supreme Court can read!)
  10. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome! Interesting idea with the Altoids container. I use one of the Altoids chewing gum containers to carry my iPod ear-buds around.
  11. cigarman

cigarman New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    I have a couple of leather eyeglass pouches from Stone Mountain that fit a mag perfectly; as well as knife sheaths.
  12. sneech

sneech New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I do the same. Never had a problem with it.