Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Suggestions appreciated ... I can't find any ....

I need quantity (12) screws. Size 10/24 with 3/8" length. Black color.

Purpose: To mount (3) black Picatinny rails to Redlion's forend on sub2k. Redlion provided the 'gromets' (nuts with sleeve) that the screws will attach to, but does not carry screws.

I tried local hardware stores and called Local gun shop .. no help.

I'm considering 'painting the heads black' on some silver screws ,, but assume the paint will chip right off ? ... :confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm not trying to be a "SA" but I thought rails came with the screws. You might try Brownells (http://www.brownells.com). Also try an Ace Hardware in their specialty screw section. A call to Kel-Tec might be another avenue. And there's always an Amazon search.

hardcase60

" Do not go stupid places, with stupid people, and do stupid things." - Unknown

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not 'SA' at all .. Strangly enough .. the rails I actually ordered were direct from Keltec for the S2k .. To my surprise they did not come with any mounting hardware ... ( note: My plan to cut the 23 slot keltec rails down to 21 slots is complete and they fit the Redlion forend perfectly and look great )...so now i just need to mount them ..

Suggestions appreciated ... I can't find any ....

I need quantity (12) screws. Size 10/24 with 3/8" length. Black color.

Purpose: To mount (3) black Picatinny rails to Redlion's forend on sub2k. Redlion provided the 'gromets' (nuts with sleeve) that the screws will attach to, but does not carry screws.

I tried local hardware stores and called Local gun shop .. no help.

I'm considering 'painting the heads black' on some silver screws ,, but assume the paint will chip right off ? ... :confused:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Nota. So the Keltec rail do fit the RL fore end if you cut them? I really want to buy the RL forend but another $62 bucks for two rails is too much for me. Can you post some pics of the rail sitting on the RL forend? I will appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
A local Ace or mom and pop hardware store would be a good bet. That's also a pretty standard size carried by most hobby shops if you have one in town.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mcmaster.com has every screw or piece of hardware you could ever need. There is no minimum order, and they ship very quickly. Only catch is you may have to buy 50 or 100 screws of what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts