Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw some videos on the su16c and was inspired to expand my small collection to include guns designed in the last century. Ive been looking high and low on the internet and in my area but have been unable to find any su16 in any condition. Anyone on here have any leads or one they're looking to sell?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I recently saw some videos on the su16c and was inspired to expand my small collection to include guns designed in the last century. Ive been looking high and low on the internet and in my area but have been unable to find any su16 in any condition. Anyone on here have any leads or one they're looking to sell?
Been looking for one at local gun stores for about three years and I haven't seen one either. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I only buy locally (except my first CMR) in order to support my local local gun stores. Of course I am retired so I can go to a different one every day with several lgs's here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only place I could find one was on Gun Broker. I bought one and had it shipped. It was worth it to me and I still supported my LGS with the transfer fee. You can also buy whichever model you can find cheaper and swap in the Charlie stock for about $70 if you can’t find a charlie model. But either way you would probably still spend over $600.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So this raises the question, is KT selling all the SU16s they make but they devote production to other platforms, or are they just not making many because there is no demand? Or maybe both. Seems there is a demand, but without advertizing or rifles in stock they'll never sell them. I stumbled on mine almost by accident, my local shop had one at another store that had to be shipped to them just so I could put hands on it. Another fallout of this is the market for add-ons (e.g. MCarbo) is zilch. At least in California this is a great rifle that doesn't violate the features restrictions. Why aren't there more in shops?

Incidently, the one that shows up on Gun Broker is a non-California compliant model so that market is not buying.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So this raises the question, is KT selling all the SU16s they make but they devote production to other platforms, or are they just not making many because there is no demand? Or maybe both. Seems there is a demand, but without advertizing or rifles in stock they'll never sell them. I stumbled on mine almost by accident, my local shop had one at another store that had to be shipped to them just so I could put hands on it. Another fallout of this is the market for add-ons (e.g. MCarbo) is zilch. At least in California this is a great rifle that doesn't violate the features restrictions. Why aren't there more in shops?

Incidently, the one that shows up on Gun Broker is a non-California compliant model so that market is not buying.
Definitely the su16 ia great for us ban states. The ruger minis are increasing in price it seems quarterly . I emailed keltec to make more su16 lol. Doesn't hurt to ask .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts