Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Guns are an accessory to protect themselves, and also a very dangerous weapon. However, in some countries, people can still buy, sell, store and use guns. Buying a gun is also very difficult. If I have a need, can I buy a gun on the Amazon online shopping site? Hope everyone can let me know.
Thanks everyone.

·
Administrator
32,080 Posts
I think amazon sells some gun accessories like holsters, but no, I don`t believe they sell firearms.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Kel-Tec Forum mobile app

·
Registered
230 Posts
I’m pretty sure you can buy BB, Pellet and air soft guns, but no rim or centerfire guns.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
In a word ... NO.

Purchasing a firearm from ANY retailer requires a federal background check and filling out a Form 4473, and the firearm (if new) must be transferred from the manufacturer through a valid FFL (Federal Firearms License) holder, I.E. a gun store or sporting goods store. Websites specifically that sell guns, such as Bud's Gun Shop or J&G Sales, for example, allow you to PAY for the firearm online or over the phone, but the firearm still must be shipped to an FFL where you still must undergo a background check, fill out a 4473, and pay an FFL transfer fee (usually around $25). You CANNOT, I repeat, YOU CANNOT SIMPLY ORDER A FIREARM ONLINE AND HAVE IT SHIPPED RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR. The only exceptions to this would be Curio & Relic (C&R) eligible firearms or black powder guns (such as muzzleloaders and muskets), both of which are considered antiques, and C&R guns specifically require that you have a particular license in order to have them shipped right to you. Additionally, private sales across state lines also require a transfer through a valid FFL.

The idea that one can simply go onto a website like Amazon or eBay and just drop a gun into their cart and click "BUY NOW" and have it sent straight to their door is grossly inaccurate and a flat-out lie that is perpetuated ad nauseum in the mainstream. Bypassing the FFL process when buying a gun from an online or local retailer is a major no-no that will land you in federal prison.

Private person-to-person, in-state, in-person sales are legal in most states. If you and a person both live in the same state, and your state's laws permit it, and neither of you is a person prohibited by law from owning/possessing a firearm - that is, neither of you are convicted felons, have domestic violence convictions, have been involuntarily committed for mental health reasons, are illegal substance users, don't have any court orders prohibiting you from owning a firearm, etc. ... then you're good to go. However, it's when you go shipping guns and/or crossing state lines, selling to someone you know can't legally possess a gun, or selling to someone that isn't a resident of your state (or an illegal alien ... AKA, "undocumented immigrant") that you wind up in a federal cell with Bubba.

Anyway, I could go on, but Google or whatever other search engine out there will happily direct you to the ATF guidelines and state law web pages that spell out everything exactly in detail and specifically for your location...

...although, given the phrasing of their post and the fact they only have 2 posts to their name here, I suspect the OP's question here is not genuine and there's something else afoot. Reporter fishing for misinformation to include in an article elsewhere, or just a general troll? :confused:

·
Registered
80 Posts
All commercially made pistol sales in the US must go through, at some point, an FFL, Amazon can't sell them. I think it is against their policies as well.
Rifles, depending on state may need to go through FFL. Some states allow private long gun sales with out an FFL.
Most American gun enthusiasts know this, sus for sure.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
if they wanted to allow their third party guys to do it, they could, putting the responsibility off on their subcontractors. But they probably don't want the liability and press. I don't think they are specifically anti-gun, as they do sell accessories, but more frustrated by the local laws in each state and having to deal with the shipping and theft and other aggravations that come with it which can end up in lawsuits and more on top of it all.

Buying a gun, if not in a state that makes it a hassle, is fairly simple. Walk into a gun store, fill out the forms, and pay money, walk out with the gun -- its like any other purchase, apart from the paperwork and delay to do a background check (10 min or so usually, more around holiday etc). If it is a hassle, its your state doing it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
"Amazon prohibits the listing or sale of all firearms, including assault weapons, black powder guns, handguns, muzzleloaders, shotguns, rifles, and starter guns. "

From their policies. Ammo is not allowed either, only BBs paintballs, etc.

Reactions: Idahoser

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Crot, I'm gonna call you on that one. I bought a new gun in Georgia. I ordered it from some retailer (for get who), it was mailed to me (not usps). It is a fire arm, it is not a long gun, it is stout enough to deer hunt with. It was a legal sale.

Lop

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sometimes some gun accessories sell for a short time and disappear , especially muzzle devices. Amazon is a little anti gun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In a word ... NO.

Purchasing a firearm from ANY retailer requires a federal background check and filling out a Form 4473, and the firearm (if new) must be transferred from the manufacturer through a valid FFL (Federal Firearms License) holder, I.E. a gun store or sporting goods store. Websites specifically that sell guns, such as Bud's Gun Shop or J&G Sales, for example, allow you to PAY for the firearm online or over the phone, but the firearm still must be shipped to an FFL where you still must undergo a background check, fill out a 4473, and pay an FFL transfer fee (usually around $25). You CANNOT, I repeat, YOU CANNOT SIMPLY ORDER A FIREARM ONLINE AND HAVE IT SHIPPED RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR. The only exceptions to this would be Curio & Relic (C&R) eligible firearms or black powder guns (such as muzzleloaders and muskets), both of which are considered antiques, and C&R guns specifically require that you have a particular license in order to have them shipped right to you. Additionally, private sales across state lines also require a transfer through a valid FFL.

The idea that one can simply go onto a website like Amazon or eBay and just drop a gun into their cart and click "BUY NOW" and have it sent straight to their door is grossly inaccurate and a flat-out lie that is perpetuated ad nauseum in the mainstream. Bypassing the FFL process when buying a gun from an online or local retailer is a major no-no that will land you in federal prison.

Private person-to-person, in-state, in-person sales are legal in most states. If you and a person both live in the same state, and your state's laws permit it, and neither of you is a person prohibited by law from owning/possessing a firearm - that is, neither of you are convicted felons, have domestic violence convictions, have been involuntarily committed for mental health reasons, are illegal substance users, don't have any court orders prohibiting you from owning a firearm, etc. ... then you're good to go. However, it's when you go shipping guns and/or crossing state lines, selling to someone you know can't legally possess a gun, or selling to someone that isn't a resident of your state (or an illegal alien ... AKA, "undocumented immigrant") that you wind up in a federal cell with Bubba.

Anyway, I could go on, but Google or whatever other search engine out there will happily direct you to the ATF guidelines and state law web pages that spell out everything exactly in detail and specifically for your location...

...although, given the phrasing of their post and the fact they only have 2 posts to their name here, I suspect the OP's question here is not genuine and there's something else afoot. Reporter fishing for misinformation to include in an article elsewhere, or just a general troll? :confused:
Thanks you so much for your detailed comment

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All commercially made pistol sales in the US must go through, at some point, an FFL, Amazon can't sell them. I think it is against their policies as well.
Rifles, depending on state may need to go through FFL. Some states allow private long gun sales with out an FFL.
Most American gun enthusiasts know this, sus for sure.
I think so

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Crot, I'm gonna call you on that one. I bought a new gun in Georgia. I ordered it from some retailer (for get who), it was mailed to me (not usps). It is a fire arm, it is not a long gun, it is stout enough to deer hunt with. It was a legal sale.

Lop
Thanks you so much

1 - 20 of 25 Posts