Can not find a P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by JOHNT, Feb 2, 2009.

1. JOHNT

JOHNT New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Been looking for weeks for a new KT .380, but can't find one anywhere.  I'm in Georgia.  The online sites are well over $300 with shipping and other cost.
    Any suggestions?  Thanks

2. hstrawn

hstrawn New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Hey.....I paid $319 in a local shop and was happy as heck to be able to get one! Never regretted it and never will!

Hugh

3. cherry911

cherry911 New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Just have to keep hitting all your local gun shops and hope to get lucky, or ask about getting on a waiting list. Check out the used guns too, I got mine $225 out the door with an extra mag like new.

4. Pistol_Packin_Pete

Pistol_Packin_Pete New Member

Dec 27, 2008
    They didn't have any at the show in Norcross last weekend.  1 P-32 and that was it, and they wanted $319 for that.  Don't know where in GA you are, but just call around or get in with a shop and have them put you on a waiting list or order one for you.

Then you wait.

5. Bodean

Bodean New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    took me about 4 month's to find one

6. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I got mine at 400 Jewelry & Loan in Dawsonville near the outlet mall. They have reasonable prices when they are in stock. Try calling them to see what they have. (706) 216-2538[ch8206] I was in the store about a two weeks ago and they were out but they seem to get new stock often.

Billy

7. JOHNT

JOHNT New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Still no luck. Considering the LCP, I have found a few of those.

8. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Michigan here...

ordered mine at local gun shop....was here in 1 wk.

just picked up a p11 used today at same gun shop...he had two on shelf. $200.

9. Texas_Red

Texas_Red New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    My local shop told me on Saturday that it would be MONTHS before they received one. I've been looking online, too. And, like you, I haven't found much that looks promising. I'm willing to wait it out, though. I'm mainly interested in a P-3AT for warm weather carry. In the meantime, I'll get extra mags, a holster, and try to stock up on ammo.

10. Bodean

Bodean New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    i know how it feels, i was ready to give up then a couple became available at the same time, the local gun shop said half the people on the waiting list found one elsewhere so it may be sooner than later

11. MirageES

MirageES New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Like cherry911 said, just keep checking your local shops, or get on a waiting list, and if all else fails look for a used one. I'm on the west coast, and they are just as scarce here. I bought my P-3AT in late November or early December '08 (I can't remember which, I need to look over the paperwork again) and the place I bought it from hasn't seen another one since I picked mine up. I've been looking for a second one and can't find one.

12. WyoShooter

WyoShooter New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Maybe you should just go ahead and buy the LCP. :)

I had been looking for a P-3AT for many weeks when I finally gave up and bought an LCP when I saw it. About 15 minutes later, I found a P-3AT at the next shop I went to so I went ahead and bought it too. ;D

Ed

13. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
  14. JOHNT

JOHNT New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Maybe you should just go ahead and buy the LCP. :)

I had been looking for a P-3AT for many weeks when I finally gave up and bought an LCP when I saw it. About 15 minutes later, I found a P-3AT at the next shop I went to so I went ahead and bought it too. ;D

Ed[/quote]

Which one do you like the best?

15. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    i travel for my job and i check every gun store that i can find in tn. over the past several months i have not found any kel tec pistol in the stores that i go to. new or used. the local paper is all so a dead end. i am looking for a second p3at. the wife wants one.

16. gatorglenn

gatorglenn New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Where in GA are you? You might try in Butler if you are close to there.

Glenn

17. JOHNT

JOHNT New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks, but that is a little to far for me.
    Still considering the Ruger LCP.  I saw a good comparrison video on both guns.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JWmBlmLTzQ[/ame]

But, still can't decide

18. WyoShooter

WyoShooter New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Between the snowy weather here and not having enough .380 ammo yet, I haven't gotten out to shoot them yet so I can't give an informed answer to that.  They both look and feel nice and when dry firing with snap caps, the triggers feel similar to me.  I'm going to order ammo online so it will probably be a few weeks before I actually get out to do a side by side shooting comparison.

Ed