Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for weeks for a new KT .380, but can't find one anywhere.  I'm in Georgia.  The online sites are well over $300 with shipping and other cost.
Any suggestions?  Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just have to keep hitting all your local gun shops and hope to get lucky, or ask about getting on a waiting list. Check out the used guns too, I got mine $225 out the door with an extra mag like new.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They didn't have any at the show in Norcross last weekend.  1 P-32 and that was it, and they wanted $319 for that.  Don't know where in GA you are, but just call around or get in with a shop and have them put you on a waiting list or order one for you.

Then you wait.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got mine at 400 Jewelry & Loan in Dawsonville near the outlet mall. They have reasonable prices when they are in stock. Try calling them to see what they have. (706) 216-2538[ch8206] I was in the store about a two weeks ago and they were out but they seem to get new stock often.

Billy

·
Registered
41 Posts
My local shop told me on Saturday that it would be MONTHS before they received one. I've been looking online, too. And, like you, I haven't found much that looks promising. I'm willing to wait it out, though. I'm mainly interested in a P-3AT for warm weather carry. In the meantime, I'll get extra mags, a holster, and try to stock up on ammo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i know how it feels, i was ready to give up then a couple became available at the same time, the local gun shop said half the people on the waiting list found one elsewhere so it may be sooner than later

·
Registered
196 Posts
JOHNT said:
Been looking for weeks for a new KT .380, but can't find one anywhere. I'm in Georgia. The online sites are well over $300 with shipping and other cost.
Any suggestions? Thanks
Like cherry911 said, just keep checking your local shops, or get on a waiting list, and if all else fails look for a used one. I'm on the west coast, and they are just as scarce here. I bought my P-3AT in late November or early December '08 (I can't remember which, I need to look over the paperwork again) and the place I bought it from hasn't seen another one since I picked mine up. I've been looking for a second one and can't find one.

·
Registered
137 Posts
JOHNT said:
Still no luck.  Considering the LCP, I have found a few of those.
Maybe you should just go ahead and buy the LCP. :)

I had been looking for a P-3AT for many weeks when I finally gave up and bought an LCP when I saw it. About 15 minutes later, I found a P-3AT at the next shop I went to so I went ahead and bought it too. ;D

Ed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I had been looking for a P-3AT for many weeks when I finally gave up and bought an LCP when I saw it. About 15 minutes later, I found a P-3AT at the next shop I went to so I went ahead and bought it too. ;D

Ed[/quote]

Which one do you like the best?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i travel for my job and i check every gun store that i can find in tn. over the past several months i have not found any kel tec pistol in the stores that i go to. new or used. the local paper is all so a dead end. i am looking for a second p3at. the wife wants one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gatorglenn said:
Where in GA are you? You might try in Butler if you are close to there.

Glenn
Thanks, but that is a little to far for me.
Still considering the Ruger LCP.  I saw a good comparrison video on both guns.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JWmBlmLTzQ[/ame]

But, still can't decide

·
Registered
137 Posts

Ed
JOHNT said:
Which one do you like the best?
Between the snowy weather here and not having enough .380 ammo yet, I haven't gotten out to shoot them yet so I can't give an informed answer to that.  They both look and feel nice and when dry firing with snap caps, the triggers feel similar to me.  I'm going to order ammo online so it will probably be a few weeks before I actually get out to do a side by side shooting comparison.

Ed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.