Can I ever trust mine again?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by JFB, Apr 26, 2008.

1. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    As I pulled into my path this morning, I could see him near the end, but he hadn't noticed me.

I rolled down the window, and held my P3AT out with my left hand and was able to slowly drive up within 10 feet.

He then noticed me and took off, but ran beside the truck as I slowly drove and took aim.

5 aimed shoots, but he was able to slither into the tall grass.

Now, last year I was able to take out 5 cotton mouths, so It must be something wrong with my P3AT >:(

2. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    ;D better trade it for a LCP ;D

3. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    My 12 GA pump has not missed one yet!
    Not much aiming required either.  ::)
    You may just need some more target practice! ;)

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Piece of Junk. $100.00 offered. Send address. ;)

-Scott

5. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Hmmm ... aiming with a P3 ... somebody could be pulling our legs here ;)
    With the gun or a tire? ;) ;D

6. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Chalk it up to operator error ;)

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    No one makes a 380 shot shell.  
    Guess you'll have to roll your own.  :-/

8. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Just a small tug on the wheel to the left, you could have squashed him. 380 rounds are expensive.

9. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    What's the fun of that? It is like cheating or something, besides, it might have survived and then been mad as heck? ;D

10. Extensive test on Savoie Sausage Links show conclusively that, for snake slaying, you must load a 3AT with one round of Speer Gold Dot in the pipe, then one Santa Barb. FMJ at the top of the mag, then one CorBon DPX under that, another Gold Dot, then 3 Santa Barbs at the bottom of the mag.

Any one that does not load for snakes as described above should probably not even own a gun! :D

11. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Thanks N_A_S

that is what I was thinking but was too embarrased to come out and say I had a magazine load with Rem FMJs :-[

12. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    That was your problem. I know many here feel that you have to have 12 inches of penetration in tissue to have a proper load in case you have a chance to shoot your snake lengthwise but I maintain that a good hollow point bullet is best for stopping power.

13. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    ;D I now have a picture in my head of someone trying to shoot a snake lengthwise. ;D

14. DANG! That blows my whole one round of Speer Gold Dot in the pipe, then one Santa Barb. FMJ at the top of the mag, then one CorBon DPX under that, another Gold Dot, then 3 Santa Barbs at the bottom of the mag theory to heck in a hand basket!

DANG DANG DANG.....I guess I will have to tote my Rem. 870 with me until I can re-think my magazine utilization strategy! DANG DANG DANG

15. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Was it.... loaded? ::)

Tom j.

16. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    JFB you need one of those snake slayer 410 derringers! Get rid of that Keltec piece of crap and get you a NAA .22LR revolver loaded with snake shot to back up the derringer!!!

/puke

Man I am having a tough time clicking submit button here...I am having to force myself! It is almost too much sarcasm to stand! :eek:

17. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

[​IMG]

-Scott