Can I buy a new P3AT in California?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by star, Aug 26, 2007.

1. star

star New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    I don't see this on the DOJ.CA.GOV handguns list.

2. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Stevil will be along soon and he can answer your question the best. But i do know you can NOT buy a new one.

Dan

3. star

star New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    That's not the answer I was hoping for. I've been doing my homework to buy one and figured since I've never bought a handgun since moving to Cali, I better check.

SOB! :-[

4. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    No problem. Just move to Nevada first, buy one there, then move to Ca. Please remember to put that on your to-do list if you are planning to move to Ca.

5. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    in California, the P3at when you can find them go for somewhere between $700.00-$1000.00

but then, Stevil spends more than that on key chains.... ;)

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The short answer is NO!  Kel-tec pistols are not on the CA approved list.  There are a few for sale occassionally at greatly inflated prices due to supply and demand.  Exceptions available for purchase would be any Kel-tec pistol (P32, P11/40) that was there pre-2000 (I think) when the CA legislation was tightened up...  2)  Any Kel-tec handgun that was purchased out of state by a resident of that sate who later moved to CA, registered his KT and now wants to sell it...  3)  Any Kel-tec purchased by a CA LEO who decides to sell it (they are apparently exempt from the restrictive state law).  Those are the only ways a Kel-tec handgun can be purchased in CA, so you can see why availability is slim to none and prices are high. :(

7. INSANE!