Can dinged up cases be reloaded?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by sviking, May 4, 2010.

1. sviking

sviking Banned

Apr 30, 2010
    Due to the ammo shortage/hellacious cost, I'm thinking about reloading and picking up ever last fired case of mine...and then some... My P3AT dings a lot of of the cases pretty badly upon ejection where the case mouth ends up looking like a "capital D". I'm hoping these can be reformed and reused. Is this possible? Thanks.

2. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    Yes.

I reform bent / dinged cases all the time.

Straight wall cases are very easy.

Bert

3. sviking

sviking Banned

Apr 30, 2010
    Thanks. Great to know I don't have to just trash them. They're pretty small dings anyway. Those P3ATs sure launch those empties, huh? :eek:

4. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Case BULDGES near the very very bottom of the case (from the unsupported area of the feed ramp) need a special tool from what I hear.  As far as dings and bent openings, not a problem at all.  My 30-06 almost always mashes the opening on the case a little flat on one side, but my neighbor still reloads them no problem.

I recently found that an SKS will fling them much more crazy than our 3AT's. They may hit you in the back, they may go feet behind you, they may go feet straight infront of you, they may go feet to either side. They go EVERYWHERE. We usually use steel cased stuff in that gun, the "brass" from it is almost impossible to find, cause it tends to be dark brown or tan anyway.

5. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    Thanks.  Great to know I don't have to just trash them.  They're pretty small dings anyway.  Those P3ATs sure launch those empties, huh?  :eek:[/quote]

Most of the time my P3AT tosses them right into my forehead.

B.

6. pointpro

pointpro New Member

May 9, 2005
    I reload for many differant cals, and as long as the brass isn't split it should be good to go. As a rule BRASS I FIND doesn't
    get loaded hot

7. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Bent cases should be find to reload as long as the mouth odf the case mouth is not split. You also need to carelly look for case spits also.

Best Regards:

8. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Thanks.  Great to know I don't have to just trash them.  They're pretty small dings anyway.  Those P3ATs sure launch those empties, huh?  :eek:[/quote]

Most of the time my P3AT tosses them right into my forehead.

B.[/quote]

Well Bert...judging by your pictures, your forehead is a little abnormal anyway... :D

Brass is very ductile so unless it is real bad I usually do not trash. Just keep an eye out for hairline cracks and anything else out of ordinary.