Came close to doing something really stupid

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rubb, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    I was very close to trading my flawless 3AT for a PF-9 :eek:

I swear I'll never do it again, take it easy on me guy's.

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

3. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Yea, no trade, I just sold it.

That was the last one, no more dangerous guns in my house ;)

4. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    ????? So you're gunless????

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    It's liberating, isn't it! ;)

-Scott

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    well, with the upcoming election, it is safer that way.

;)

7. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Yes, yes and yes it is ;)

8. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Generally speaking, when you trade, you lose. If you MUST, it is better to sell it outright IMHO.

9. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Man, this always gets me. "Generally speaking, when you trade, you lose". You don't. You get less money, but you do less work. If you sell to a wholesaler (your gun, car, tomatoe) you will get wholesale. If you advertise, pay rent on a store front, talk to customers, push the item, and find the customer who *wants* it, you will sell it retail. The difference between those two numbers is how the retailer feeds his fambly. Gee, I don't want to go thru the hassle of selling this, i'll just dump in on the wholesale market. Ok, can you guess, in a former life I sold trucks? I had a medical equipment salesman accuse me of intending to sell his trade for a profit. wow. Don't miss that line of work. Feel free to take this as a rant, but please don't take offence at it. :)

10. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Some people have no clue! ::)

Bobo

11. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    I'm lost. Is it because you almost 'traded' or because of the PF9? And isn't the PF9 a bigger cal. and as such worth more? As all men know, (and maybe the women) bigger is better. Well, I don't have that problem. (yeah, sure ;))

Back on topic: How is it you feel lucky you dodged the bullet?

P.S. I love the hell out of my P3AT!

12. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    I will keep my P3 because the short barrel makes it so easy to carry and conceal. It's also a large caliber for such a small gun.

13. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    CCWMan: dito here. I like having a .380 in such a small concealable package.

14. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    man, I almost hate to do this, but to the post " And isn't the PF9 a bigger cal.?". No. .38, .380, .357 and 9mm are all basicly the same size caliber. They vary by .01" if I'm not mistaken. Same size hole, very different power of course. Alioop, i'm not picking on you, just kinda nitpicking. welcome to ktog, lots of great people here.

15. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Are you really that bored Lop? lol I think we all knew that he meant a "more powerful gun"? Whether or not he new that those calibers you pointed out were close to the same wasn't the point I don't think? Just that one gun was more powerful and cost more than the other......... lol

16. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    dammm outted again. >:(

17. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    Yes. Exactly what I meant. I know the .380 and the 9MM are the same slug. The casing and charge behind it is another thing.

18. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
  19. H_MaN

H_MaN New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    I had two P3AT's, a first gen and a second and just traded my first gen for a PF-9. I preferred the way my first gen performed....