Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cabelas has Remington Golden Sabre in stock for the 380. They've had Buffalo Bore for many weeks but the Golden Sabre won't las 12 hours. It is one of the best feeding in our KelTecs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the heads up,gonna check it out. ;D

Not only did I check it out I ordered 3 boxes,still had it at 9:00 am Saturday if anyone is looking.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Mohave-Tec said:
Remington Golden Sabre
FWIW, I feel the Rem Golden Sabre is over-rated.

Bullet after passing through two layers of denim and 15"s of gelatin

Corbon DPX, and Speer Gold Dots perform better. (of course ya still gotta find some)

GL

·
Registered
370 Posts
I remember seeing your test. It surprised me. How could Remington's premier bullet perform without any expansion when I have seen many other tests that show it having excellent expansion. Your bullet almost looks like a FMJ.

I use the GS in my PF-9 and P3-AT.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ole Miss Mike said:
I remember seeing your test. It surprised me. How could Remington's premier bullet perform without any expansion when I have seen many other tests that show it having excellent expansion. Your bullet almost looks like a FMJ.
Rem GS works fine in 9x19mm. (enough velocity)

In response to earlier protests of my results on the .380 Rem GS I bought another box with a different lot number and repeated the tests... same results.

Please feel free to consider them, or ignore them as you see fit. :)

GL

·
Registered
134 Posts
GoldenLoki
Thanks for sharing you test results. :)
None of us really know what our ammo will do until we need it unfortunately. :-?
At least seeing test results gives an educated guess as the probability of it doing what we want. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts