Cabela's Backorder

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by crux, Jun 11, 2009.

1. crux

crux New Member

May 18, 2009
    Anyone ever tried backordering ammo on Cabelas.com? The site let me place an order for 4 boxes of Corbon DPX. It estimates that the ammo will be shipped in 4-5 weeks. Just wondering if I'll ever actually see this ammo?

2. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I live a few miles from the KCKS store. I know a few of the guys who work there and they tell me that ordering from them is the only way to guarantee that you get ammo, reloading supplies, etc. I've got an order in for some reloading dies. I'm having it delivered to the store though to avoid shipping costs.

3. mg0427

mg0427 New Member

Apr 15, 2008
    I have ordered from cabela's several times, and have gotten my 380 ammo, I do the in store pick up. And even have some waiting for me to drive to KCK to pick it up now.

4. Sockeye

Sockeye New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    I have had a order of Magtech .380 (bulk - 500 rnds.) from Cabela's for now over 2 months.  I also do the instore pick up method in the K.C. Kansas store.  I have communicated via email with them several times and all they do is apologize and back the suspected arrival date back a couple of more weeks.  This really burns me in that I know the very same brand and size have come into the very same store on the shelves for retail sale.  I find out each time after the fact of course.  I was told by the warehouse folks that the two parts of the business never talk to each other.  Makes no sense to me you can buy it in their stores, but cannot get it by special ordering it.  MAYBE THE 2 SIDES OF THE BUSINESS SHOULD TALK TO EACH OTHER FROM TIME TO TIME !

5. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I have small pistol primers on backorder from Cabela's. I am sure I will get them although I don't know when. I also have more ordered from another reloading site and hope I eventually get those. Good Luck. Tom :)

6. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I ordered a few boxes of the same from them 2 weeks ago. At the time it was a 6 week back order. I figured I was not in a rush so I placed the order.
    Sure hope we do get it shipped eventually.

7. Grey_Mana

Grey_Mana New Member

Feb 13, 2009
    I ordered .380 online (3 different types, just to increase my odds) in mid-May from Cabella's. The website said 0-1 week backorder, or 0-2 week backorder. 5 weeks later, no shipment, and their website has revised back-order dates.

So I infer they get shipments once every 8 weeks, and hopefully fill in the order recieved.

Double tap is also now 2 weeks late on May's estimated backorder time (and I'm still hoping for a shipped! email).

8. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

Every time I've ordered backorderd ammo on Cabela's, their shipping estimates have always been pretty accurate.  

9. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I guess that's good news. That said, the poster above you has had opposite luck with them.

10. crux

crux New Member

May 18, 2009
    Thanks all for your input. It sounds like it's pretty much hit or miss like every other ammo seller. I'm also doing in-store pickup even though I live a little over an hour away from the Hamburg, PA store. I figure it'll give me a reason to go to my favorite fun shop. :)

11. KelTex78

KelTex78 New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    The first couple of times I ordered from them, they were really quick and shipped by the listed backorder date. My latest purchase, a couple of varieties of .380 (Fiocchi Extrema and Hornady TAP) and some .45 ACP PDX1, were all listed as 0-1 weeks so I ordered on May 27. I still haven't gotten anything but the .380 is still listed as 0-1 weeks and the .45 (Ordered it as a Father's Day present) has been revised to 3-4 weeks. I guess he'll have to wait for his gift.  :'(

12. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Slightly off topic -- I ordered some back-ordered 20 ga. buck through Midway that was five weeks estimated, and it arrived in -- five weeks! :D

13. Bodean

Bodean New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    i have been waiting on mag tec for over 3 months from cabela's . it has gone from the est time of in store pick up being 5 - 6 weeks 3 times now.

14. jcp

jcp New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Was it FMJ? Our Cabela's had some .380 FMJ just a couple / few weeks ago, and I'm 99% sure it was Mag Tech. I'm sitting on range ammo so I didn't pay too close of attention.

My father in law has been doing the Cabela's BO, and has been very happy. Must be hit or miss.

15. CDW4ME

CDW4ME New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    USA
    Back in March I placed 3 different types of 380 ammo on backorder with Cabela's.
    I ordered 5 of each hoping I would get something eventually that way.
    Well I got Golden Sabers and Gold Dots within a few weeks. The Hornady XTP was finally cancelled by Cabela's last week.

16. Deuce3

Deuce3 Member

May 6, 2008
    I guess it depends on what you order. I have 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 on backorder since early January, but AK/SKS ammo got really scarce this spring. Their site now shows a 4-5 week delay. Hopefully 380 ammo will arrive quicker.

17. J_Bar

J_Bar New Member

May 10, 2009
    I order some magtech .380 & Hornaday from cabela and it took a while but the magtech came but finally canceled the Hornaday. I ordered Cor bon straight from Dakota and they came right away. It was a little more expensive but no delay

18. Bodean

Bodean New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    just ordered some buffalo bore thru cabela's it was in stock and it's on it's way. i left the back ordered Mag Tec on order i guess i'll get it eventually

19. piratelawyer

piratelawyer New Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I ordered some Corbon (from reading what others have posted I should have ordered the Hornady Critical Defense) and UMC target ammo back in late May early June.  Website indicated that it was backordered until June 10.  I have since received an email notifying me that it is backordered until mid July.  Not sure what kind of .380 ammo my dad has ordered, but I know his order has been backordered for a few months.

Those of you who live near the Cabelas stores are lucky.  Cabelas has not made its way to NC yet.  I keep hoping it will happen soon.

20. KelTex78

KelTex78 New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I've gotten notice that my Fiocchi Extrema .380 and PDX1 .45 ACP have both been backordered until mid-July. So much for the 0-1 week backorder. :-/