Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I live in CA and we just passed some new laws. Anyone here on the board located in CA and if so how are you configuring your rifle to make it featureless? Also, I'm wondering if we Californians are able to have them shipped into the state? Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes the S2K is an Assault Weapon in Gavin's eyes. and no you won't be able to make the S2K legal if you already own one, and you won't be able to buy one here. You can't buy a Complete AR here anymore either.

It has a Pistol Grip which is an Assault Weapon Feature which makes it one. There is no way to get around that one feature so it is what it is.

Existing AW's are "supposed" to be registered, turned in, or removed from the state, by the end of the year. Whether or not people actually go out and register their guns will remain to be seen. Rhode Island, and New York didn't have much success with their edicts, and I seriously doubt CA will either. There is no way to enforce this law unless you are caught with the gun while committing a crime. There is not "supposed to be" any record of the firearms you own, and the only way they could track them down is to physically go to every gun store and seize ALL of their sales records, and then compile a list from there. That would take a lot of work!

People are fed up with this Liberal Commie BS and things are swinging back to the right so I don't expect these laws to go unchallenged for long.

I talked to Chris Cox from the NRA for 20 minutes at the SHOT show a week ago and he assured me that they were going to fight every CA Nutcase Law that has been passed. Also Cal Guns and several other outfits are filing suits against the state for attempting to disarm the public.

"Shall not be Infringed" means what it says, and as soon as that phrase comes before SCOTUS it will be the end of gun control as the left knows it. But I heard him say that the first order of business will be to get National Concealed Reciprocity enacted so that you can travel freely while armed to all 50 states. That will be a battle.

If this current AW Law is not overturned I will probably remove my AR and S2K from the state until it is.

I have plenty of other guns which are not covered under this law and are just as effective.

Randy

·
Registered
670 Posts
...People are fed up with this Liberal Commie BS and things are swinging back to the right so I don't expect these laws to go unchallenged for long...."Shall not be Infringed" means what it says, and as soon as that phrase comes before SCOTUS it will be the end of gun control as the left knows it...Randy
I don't know how you guys tolerate the silliness on the Left coast :eek:
The good news is Gorsuch was nominated for SCOTUS. As an avid fishing & hunting enthusiast, he's one of the best possible jurists for consideration, IMO. I'm pleased with the choice **:D:):cool:**

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.