Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been a fan of the SU-16CA, never the C. I'd like to ask C owners, have you seen any advantage to the C model other than the ability to shoot while folded, and maybe a couple of ounces in weight? Also, have you ever found a use for shooting it while folded?

I don't own one right now but have been tempted to get another, but all the ones that come up for sale locally are Cs, the CA is quite rare on the new or used market here. Does anyone have an idea where I can find a CA stock for a good price? Looks like KT wants $150 for them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine started life as a C model. I took it to the range a couple times but never really warmed up to the stock. I didn't like the feel or the looks. I ended up putting the C on my SU22 and the A (that came on the SU22) on the 16

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I have a C. The stock really jumps into the cheek. The CA may have more weight and be more comfortable to shoot for more than 50 rounds painlessly.

BUT, the main thing I bought the 16 for is to have a light folding carbine.. It does that perfectly while not exposing the trigger group to foreign elements.
No interest in shooting with the stock folded. Ill try it for fun some day.

I will say I am very impressed with this little tennis racket bag stuffer. My 50 yrd accuracy is exceptional. My only complaint is it takes seconds to break down and hours, if not days to re-assemble.. I want to run over it with a F150 carrying a 1500 Hemi carrying the A-Team van driven by Chuck Norris. Twice.

But at 5lbs loaded, I can't complain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.