Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else here have an interest in or collect C&R firearms? I am speaking of Russian Mosins, Chinese Mosins, Chinese SKS and Russian SKS rifles, Bugarian and East German Makarovs, Romanian Tokarevs, Swiss K31 rifles etc. Yes, I have a few examples from each of those. :eek:

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I only have a 91/30 Mosin and a M48A Mauser. The Mauser is the better gun of the two. Nothing wrong with the Mosin, it's just a Mosin is what a Mosin is (sometimes you feel like you need to whack the bolt handle with a 2x4 to move it). The Mauser has a much more refined feeling action. It's more refined feeling in all regards actually. But it cost 2-1/2 times what the Mosin cost (which is still cheap anyway).

Some day I would like to acquire a Garand, an M1A, a Springfield, a Lee-Enfield, an Enfield, a K31, and an Arisaka. I'm not actively pursuing these at the moment, but if I bump into one in good shape at a price that won't kill my wallet I'll probably buy it. I don't think the K31's and Arisaka's cost a whole lot, at least they didn't used to IIRC, but the others are more of an investment. A couple of KTOG'ers here, and one Phideaux-attendee in particular, seems to run into these things at bargain prices right and left. I don't know how he does it. He's got a nose that can sniff out old wood and blood/sweat splattered steel from several miles out. It's scary.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Just "sniffed out" out a Yugo capture K98 recently. Have a number of others, mosins, enfields, real nice springfield 03a3..... No arisaka yet, not in a hurry for that one, the ammo for those is crazy expensive.

Gary

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few more of my collection:

Chinese SKS Letter rifle with trench art
Russian TP4 Trench Periscope

Attachments

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
A Mosin is a Mosin is a Mosin? Try a SAKO or Valmet M39. You'll change our opinion pretty quickly.
Opinion? I dont think any opinions were mentioned here. Can you enlighten me please? My point is that I just collect C&R firearms and was wondering if anyone else does. No mention of what or which is better or anything like that. What is your point if you actually have one?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Opinion? I dont think any opinions were mentioned here. Can you enlighten me please? My point is that I just collect C&R firearms and was wondering if anyone else does. No mention of what or which is better or anything like that. What is your point if you actually have one?
Sorry, wasn't responding to you, but to Haertig's post...
"it's just a Mosin is what a Mosin is". Handle and shoot one of the Finnish variants, and most see things a bit differently.
I guess I have a bit more than a couple C&Rs, and several old enough not to be firearms at all, according to the Feds.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, wasn't responding to you, but to Haertig's post...
"it's just a Mosin is what a Mosin is". Handle and shoot one of the Finnish variants, and most see things a bit differently.
I guess I have a bit more than a couple C&Rs, and several old enough not to be firearms at all, according to the Feds.
Oh, okay, I got what you were saying. I dont have any of the Finn rifles but they are definitely very nice!

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a Ishkavek?? 1943 91/30 made with brass bands. And a Chinese type 53 carbine. They are loud, cheap, and always fun to shoot.
I have a "few" of the Chinese T53 rifles also although I dont have any pics of them at the moment. I have one that is all numbers matching except for the butt plate which doesnt match. At one time I had an all numbers matching 1954.7 but like a dummy sold it because a guy offered me enough money for it. :eek:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've got a few MNs, posted a picture before. Russian M91, Finnish M28 and M39, Soviet M91/30, M91/30 sniper, M38, M44, E German M44, Polish M44, Chinese T53, and a couple others. Mausers? Spanish M95, converted to 7.62 CETME, Swedish M96s and M96/38s, Czech and Yugo M98s, Imperial German G98, Argentine M1909, couple of M91 Argentines, Swede AG42 and the Egyptian variant, the Hakim, Swis G1911 an K31, French MAS36, MAS49/56, and others. Non C&Rs, or non guns, MkII Snider, MkIV Martini Henry, M1886 Kropatschek 8x60R, 1871 Swiss Vetterli in 10.4 x 42R, and Austrian M88 in 8x50R.
I'm sure I left out several. I reload for them all and shoot them all.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
I just have a 1943 Mosin-Nagant 91/30 and a 1956 (I think) Chinese Type 53. The T53 is basically just a semi-functional wall-hanger; the bore is so extremely corroded and messed up that it shoots 12" groups at 50 yards from a bench (on a good day), which is why I picked it up for like $130 a couple of years ago. Neat fireballs, though. I removed the bolt and keep it in one of my gun safes while the rifle itself hangs above the fireplace, so if anyone busts in and steals it, at least they won't have a functional rifle. :)

I do still kinda wanna get my hands on a Tokarev someday, and maybe even a Nagant revolver - just because - but the lack of readily available ammo has been keeping me away from both for awhile now. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.