Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Ive found a lead on some used keltec rdbs that were returned by a security company but were never fired. They are still considered used though and are being sold as such. I contacted Keltec and they said they wouldnt transfer the warranty on to me because the weapon is being sold as used. Anyone think that keltec would be sticklers on that if I needed a warranty repair on any failed parts? Kinda a crappy policy of not keeping the warranty with the firearm and stipulating that it is only available to the individual that first buys it as new.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Easy answer is to just buy a new one. But if the price was good enough I'd buy it and take my chances.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Buy a new one...used weapons don't support Kel Tec. Why would anyone think a life time warrenty would follow every owner...no matter how many times the item has been sold?

Kel Tec could have a 1 year warranty...or 30 days? Or maybe 12,000 miles, or 500 rounds fired? Do you have a lifetime transferable warranty on your multi thousand dollar car? Or your house?

People always gripe. It's an inexpensive firearm, with a lifetime warranty for the original owner...that's fantastic!

Reactions: ghcater

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buy a new one...used weapons don't support Kel Tec. Why would anyone think a life time warrenty would follow every owner...no matter how many times the item has been sold?

Kel Tec could have a 1 year warranty...or 30 days? Or maybe 12,000 miles, or 500 rounds fired? Do you have a lifetime transferable warranty on your multi thousand dollar car? Or your house?

People always gripe. It's an inexpensive firearm, with a lifetime warranty for the original owner...that's fantastic!
I completely understand what you are saying, but to be more specific as to my gripe Ill elaborate. By no means do I believe that wear items should be replaced from owner to owner e.g. barrel, bolt carrier etc. What would be great is if they would incorporate a more robust warranty lets say 2 yr parts warranty regardless of how many times it changes hands. Further stipulate that it would be only for parts deemed defective as a result of factory manufacturing/design issues, which we all know Keltec has some % their weapons that have issues. Not asking for much here. Thats much better than just saying first owner only gets any sort of warranty. But regardless Ive always been the type to play within the constraints given so I will just end up buying new, just havent seen any that are priced well yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.