Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found my butt stock had cracked. Probably from moatoring a stuck case. Calling kel tec tomorrow and try to buy one .

Mr. Tanner we need your expertise in making an aluminum replacement.

20210608_093308.jpg
20210608_093303.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Mortaring? in what situation did you have to do that?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stuck case. It happened when I was learning to adjust gas system. Then I went and read the manual and life got better. Lol.......early days of ownership.

I have had stuck case even in ar15s.

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Yea had one in a new AR type reciever. Kinda dumb, I removed the firing pin so I could safely do hand cycles on live ammo. First round home was so stuck, nothing worked and I couldn't shoot it out. I eventually drove the bolt carrier back with a dowel rod and hammer from the underside of the upper.
Not very comfortable banging on live ammo like that. Stupid, but I worked through it.

Just so everyone knows, chamber throats on new rifles can be tight before break-in. Don't play with something you don't want to get stuck

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just grab charging handle and slam weapon on a firm surface butt stock down while pulling charging handle.
Moatoring works!

·
Registered
342 Posts
On ARs carbines with collapsible stock, just remember to collapse stock first before mortaring unless you want to risk damaging either the stock, extension tube, or both. Don't ask how I know...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts