Burris Scope Opinions

Discussion in 'RDB Bullpup Rifle' started by sirhcx, Apr 5, 2020.

1. sirhcx

sirhcx Member

Mar 28, 2020
    So I'm a bit new to the world of scopes as I mostly just been running red dots or irons, but want to get get into some longer range shooting once the weather cooperates. I've been eyeing the Burris RT-6 for a couple of weeks now and just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on it or suggest other options. I'm not really fond of the glass on Primary Arms and a Vortex Strike Eagle 1X6 seems to be the only other price/performance I'm really seeing.

https://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/rt-6-riflescopes-series/rt-6-riflescope-1-6x24mm

2. LG45

LG45 Member

Feb 11, 2019
    NW PA
    Burris make a fine product. I been using a
    2 3/4x on my Scout rifle since 1992 and it still works great. I also have 2 of the AR332 with the new AR ballistic reticle. I had one with older CQ reticle I used on my AR SBR for several years. Sold it to a coworker and he is still using it. You can't go wrong with Burris. There are better scopes but they cost a lot more you get a lot of scope for the money with Burris optics.

odinforever2000 likes this.

3. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    I have lots of Burris scopes and it's not because I don't like them or they make junk. Good customer service too. I don't know anything about the scope in question though. But I do have 2 scopes similar to the one you linked to except mine are 1-4. They're good scopes.

I see yours has a fast rotation lever on the zoom. I had to buy them from another party for mine.

One thing I hope they never get rid of are the battery saver half steps on the light adjuster. It's a simple feature but it's really nice.

4. ramnob

ramnob Active Member

Aug 29, 2018
    I have several of their scopes; MTAC, droptine and fullfield. Never had a problem with any of them and in my opinion worth the money spent on them. Also like their rings.

5. odinforever2000

odinforever2000 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I dont have any experience with the 1-6 from Burris.
    But like LG45 I run an AR332 with a quick detach mount. Never had any problems with it.

I have run 1-4x LPVO's on the RDB but settled on a 4x prism scope..

6. jonnin

jonnin Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Anyone who has a lifetime warranty on their stuff is going to do right by you.

Every Burris optic is covered by the Burris Forever Warranty™. We will repair or replace your Burris optic if it is damaged or defective. The warranty is automatically transferred to future owners.

They are not the only ones to do this. I have multiple brands and that sort of dedication is the first thing I look for from any brand, and so far, nothing I have bought has needed it because the only way to afford that kind of promise is to make it right the first time.