Burried Treasure!!!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Checker4Tix, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Well, this happened outside a few minutes ago, and I thought it was pretty great. So...

I was mowing the yard after supper today. In the back yard I saw what I thought was a rock laying on the ground. I bent over to pick it up and found this little truck being pushed up by a root from the oldest maple in my yard. It was covered in dirt and had clearly been burried for a very long time.

I washed it off and found the following written stamped on the bottom:

Tootsie Toy Co.
             Shuttle Truck
             c. 1967
             Chicago, USA

I used to have Matchbox cars, but have never heard of Tootsie Toys. My house was built in 1956 and there haven't been little kids other than mine living here for a long time. I'm the 4th owner and have been here for 12 years. I wonder how long this little truck has been hiding under ground waiting to be discovered. It could have been since I when I was 4 years old. Cool!

[​IMG]

2. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008

3. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
  4. HatRon56

HatRon56 Grand Poobah Supporter

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA
    My house was built in 1958.
    I keep finding marbles in my garden.
    When you till it up and it rains they just will be standing there waiting to be picked up..
    So some where back before the house was built, some one lost all their marbles in my back yard.
    I have a lot of the older ones in a jar.
    I'm saving for my old age.. Or I might just throw them back in the garden for some one else to find in the future.

5. HOME_MEANS_NEVADA

HOME_MEANS_NEVADA New Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Thats a cool find there!
    Yeah! I remember Tootsie Toy cars and trucks. I had my share of them back in the day.
    A few weeks ago myself and another fellow were cleaning storm drains south of Virginia City and he found an old "dinner plate." Intact.
    I found an old button made from either oyster or abalone shell.

6. kaisersosse

kaisersosse New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    cool find! pretty good shape for being in the dirt!