Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot my PF9 today for the first time in a while and realized we're in an age of 3d printing and easily accessible plastics and this grip could be a lot better. Has anyone built theirs up so it's not like driving a golf putter into the web of your hand over and over and actually takes up more bulk in the hand?

· Registered
3,196 Posts
There are probably some old posts with things like inner tube and similar bands put over the grips to help by adding both thickness and padding. One selling point is the thin profile; if you take it too far you may as well trade out for the double stack. I see no reason you can't play with it until happy, but I am not sure I would try to directly print ONTO the gun unless you know a lot about the materials involved and the engineering side of printed plastics. I see no safety concerns there, but not sure it would hold together etc.

· Registered
1 Posts
I agree with sub2ksub2k.... although I love my PF9, it hurts to shoot after a while. I will be buying a new $30 grip frame for mine from KELTEC, and taking the 'ol Dremel to it, rounding out the area indicated in my pic below. That should make a difference.

· Registered
109 Posts
Another modification you may wish to consider is opening up the trigger housing. I ordered a new grip housing and used my Dremel tool to reduce the thickness of the trigger guard on the inside. It now flexes under pressure, but my finger no longer drags which make the DA pull feel much lighter and smoother.
I also removed a bit of material where the trigger guard meets the frame near the magazine catch. This allows me to get a slightly higher and more secure grip.
Just be careful to not remove too much material - a little flex is OK but too much may compromise function. And go slow with a lot of testing your hand fit. I did the rough shaping with the course drum and switched to a fine sanding drum for the final contouring. Round things right and comfort is increased too.
Of course if you do mess it up, just order another grip housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts