Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
OK, just pix and no story? You had to know we were going to ask questions.

What have you been firing and how many? What lube or cleaner? I ask because I would prefer not to duplicate that in mine.

Just contact the mothership. I have no doubt that they'll take care of you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same damage to mine. I've epoxied it with some gorilla epoxy. I'll check it when I get home.
Mine started breaking apart early on, used mostly 40gr. Round nose M-22. Been meaning to contact Keltec about it too see what they say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, just pix and no story? You had to know we were going to ask questions.

What have you been firing and how many? What lube or cleaner? I ask because I would prefer not to duplicate that in mine.

Just contact the mothership. I have no doubt that they'll take care of you.
I use the gun for Steel Challenge, bought it new on Father's day. Mostly I use Automatch in this gun because I have a good supply of it and it won't run in my daughter's 10/22 race gun.
So far I've shot it in 5 matches, so thats around 1000rds. Adding for practice I'd put it at a total of 2500rds give or take. Not sure when the cracking started to show, I just noticed it while cleaning before this past weekend's match.
As for cleaning, nothing unique. I use Hornady One Shot and Break Free CLP for lube. The gun is well maintained and not abused.
FWIW, I love this pistol and think it's a solid choice for competition. In matches it's been as reliable, usually more reliable than the Rugers and Buckmarks I compete against.
Hoping to get it fixed quickly, as I've got 3 more matches to shoot before year end.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I use the gun for Steel Challenge, bought it new on Father's day. Mostly I use Automatch in this gun because I have a good supply of it and it won't run in my daughter's 10/22 race gun.
So far I've shot it in 5 matches, so thats around 1000rds. Adding for practice I'd put it at a total of 2500rds give or take. Not sure when the cracking started to show, I just noticed it while cleaning before this past weekend's match.
As for cleaning, nothing unique. I use Hornady One Shot and Break Free CLP for lube. The gun is well maintained and not abused.
FWIW, I love this pistol and think it's a solid choice for competition. In matches it's been as reliable, usually more reliable than the Rugers and Buckmarks I compete against.
Hoping to get it fixed quickly, as I've got 3 more matches to shoot before year end.
Well, that sux. Same ammo as I use and I was going to use mine in SC also but only after SBRing it. I haven't done so yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I received my replacement bolt assembly today. Keltec warranty service was great, I'm very pleased. I just noticed though, that one bumper is .032 longer than the other one. I wonder if this contributes to the failure?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wouldn't over think it. Try to push it in and see what happens, other than that just use it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts