Buffalo Bore Review

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Hudispit, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Just want to give you my impressions on BB ammo. First my gun is pretty much broken in, complete B&F and more than a couple hundred flawless rounds through it. Bought a couple boxes of BB gd and fn to share with my GF who also has a p3at. Every other shot from both guns either kicked the mag out, failure to eject or FTF. Two different guns and two different shooters but the same problems. I feel that these are way too powerful for these little guns. I would not depend on these in a squirrel fight. We are both going to stick with the gold dots for protection because they have been totally dependable. Maybe some people on here love the BB ammo but I wouldnt doubt that some "insiders" from BB get on these forums to brag up their shells so people will buy them. Seemed too good to be true. JMHO

2. pertinax

pertinax New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Wow-- I have shot one box with no problem at all.

3. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    As RJ has said many times - see what works for you and your gun, then carry that. Gold Saber and HydraShok are the 2 best low recoil rounds I know of. If that is what works for you - by your direct experience, then what works for others doesn't matter.

On the other hand, I only use BuffaloBore with the Gold Dot because I have figured out how to make it work for me in my gun. Makes me wonder if there may be something wrong with your gun that is making it more sensitive to recoil. Mag catch may need replacing and/or mag well may be too loose would be my guess.

If there is something wrong, then get it fixed - but by all means continue to carry the Gold Saber since that's what works for you.

4. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    the mag my be falling out because of the mag extention. but FTE, i didnt think that had anything to do with the mag. i wouldnt think either of the mag catches could be bad because neither gun it that old and we always push in the mag release when inserting. i would like a metal catch though someday. does anyone know were to get one? i heard DaveNC but how do you get a hold of him? how much do they run?

5. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    You're right - FTE hasn't anything to do with the mag, but is likely to be more of a problem with high power loads like BB.

Your BB result is trying to tell you that something is wrong with your mag retention. Although you haven't seen it yet with the GS ammo, it sounds like something to address before it turns into a problem for your carry load. I have never seen this problem, so can only suggest what I have heard...
    1. You may be accidentally hitting the release. Many folks file/sand that down in order to accomodate bigger hands.
    2. If that's not it, there is another thread somewhere here that describes a guy who added spacers to his mag well in order to prevent that problem. If I remember right, he used some plastic strip with stick'm on one side and put one 1/2" piece at the top rear of the mag wll, and another 1/2" piece in the bottom front of the mag well. You may be able to find that thread by fiddling with the search feature.
    3. There's always KT support - email tends to be more responsive.
    4. Another member more familiar with this than I may see this thread.