Buffalo Bore in .380

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by cclem700, Nov 30, 2007.

1. cclem700

cclem700 New Member

Oct 31, 2006

2. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Me likey!

Now, critical question...KTWM, are you around, and can you let us know if this being marked "+P" means unhealthy for the P3AT? Will it void the warranty? Even if not, is it likely to damage the gun or cause problems?

3. DennisD

DennisD New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    My P3AT (2nd gen) manual says:  "The P-3AT will accept +P ammunition, however not with continuous use."

4. See my post in the originail thread:
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1195786208

I talked to the folks over at Buffalo Bore. They own and shoot a P3AT ... And they talk about how it works in a P3AT on thier web site

5. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    The problem is (this is the same language as in the PF9 manual btw) there is no such thing as .380 +P, officially. Assumedly .380 +P is anything loaded above the standard, and there is no SAAMI pressure limit or anything for .380 +P, because there are no SAAMI definitions of .380 +P.

That's what would make me nervous about it, and I'd want to hear from the horses mouth (KT) if this would be considered bad ammo. I wouldn't anticipate the same issues as the MagSafe stuff because it isn't wildly unbalanced with a light weight projectile and a super high velocity, but I'd want to have their express approval.

6. DennisD

DennisD New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Nicneufeld; I understand your concerns. That is one reason I will probably stick to Cor Bon or Federal HST.