Buffalo Bore and Double Tap ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Junior, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Junior

Junior New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Has anyone tried the Buffalo Bore brand of ammo? Are the statements on the website true? How about the Double Tap brand? How good is these manufacturers ammo? I read the hype at the RCBD site and don't believe a bit of it, sounds too shady to me.

Junior

2. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I recently bought a box of DT for the P3-AT and PF-9. The 9mm is +p. I won't be shooting much of this stuff but a lot of people recommended it for self-defense. I'll wear gloves next time I shoot any DT 380s or 9mm. They are pretty hard on the hand and will make you flinch if you shoot enough of it.

God bless,
    Reggie

3. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    I am not familiar with RCBD, nor have I used Buffalo Bore. I have however shot a dozen or so boxes of DoubleTap, maybe a little more. Their .380acp Gold Dots is now the carry ammo in my P3AT. I posted a link to some tests that were done of it a while back; do a search. Good stuff. Corbon is also good, but for a few bucks more you get 50 DT's compared to 20 DPX. It was hard enough to blast off $60-70 worth of DT to verify its function and accuracy in my pistol; paying nearly half what the gun cost in ammo for a range trip just didn't make good sense to me.

I have also shot DT in .45acp, .357magnum, .380acp FMJ's, and 9mm. No problems with any of it. Odds are good I will shoot a box of .45acp DT Match FMJ tomorrow.

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Double Tap is all I use in my 10mm, I still carry DPX in my 380, but then again, that is just preference.

Double Tap ammo IS GOOD STUFF, it gets the Bubba Seel of Uh-Proval.

;)

5. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    I've done lots of side by side comparison with many different loads from a variety of manufacturers in .40 cal, 357 mag, and 380. Until now, BB didn't make a 380, but BB beats the rest in measured velocity and computed energy values in those other 2 loads.

The only load I have ever heard of that beats BB for measured energy is the 357 magnum Federal "black talon" - usually only available over the Internet. So, my default choice is always BB, with DT coming in a distant second - based on first hand actual velocity measurement experience.

Power is only half of the machine, though. What about the "best" bullet. Looks like BB has that covered also by offering flat nose hard cast as well as Gold Dot. The best of both defensive action scenarios are finally covered - with the best available power backing it up.

Thank you very much for pointing out that BB now makes a 380!! I ordered 2 boxes of the hard cast and Gold Dot because I like to "interleave". After velocity measurement verification, I'll probably use my old DT just for range practice.

Wheelguy - who's no longer feeling underpowered  ;D