Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range yesterday with a couple boxes of brown bear ammo. The first shot and the empty shell stuck and would not eject.I had to take the slide off and pry the extractor back and get the barrel free to get the empty out. It seems that the shell expanded and stuck.I did this about ten times with the same results so I finnaly gave up no more brown bear for me.
Has any one else had this problem with thier p3at?

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Well, just guessing, but I would say you had jams because you're using what KelTec considers non-standard ammo. Brown Bear is Russian made, steel cased ammo. KelTec does not recommend using anything other than brass ammo.

Also, it has a lacquer coating to prevent rust, several members have noted that the laquer will cause the round to stick once fired.

Rick

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
KT reccomends only brass case ammo in their weapons, I called for parts and asked about it a few weeks ago. They said it is because steel and aluminum dont expand the same way brass does IIRC.

CJ

·
Registered
123 Posts
IF this ever happens again (case being stuck in chamber) you can try this first, and if successful you do not have to take of the slide/bbl.

Grasp the slide in an overhand grip with your weak hand, form a V shape with your strong hand (Thumb and index finger) and with force, slam the v shape into the upper backstrap of the pistol.
I have cleared many auto jam's for competitors this way. Also serves as an Immediate Action Drill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.