Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it looks like I've found a new-ish way to break my gun:

Went through a mag, and then only got halfway through the second.
(Total rounds on this part... somewhere in the 1k ballpark.)
The trigger is still springy... but the hammer isn't going up. When I pulled the frame out the pin part was still in it's hole on the end of the disconnector.

Also, I wanted to confirm, is this in fact the trigger axis? (PF9-454)
They don't have any pictures for their parts section.

KelTec will take care of me (original owner), of that I have no doubt.
... getting the gun adjusted and tuned right was one thing, but parts breakage that make the gun not go boom disturbs my confidence. First the broken assembly pin and cracked slide, now this. Not yet at a point where I'm willing to get rid of it or anything, just makes me wonder.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Yeah, that looks like it. Never, ever, seen one break like that. Never even heard of one.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I think that has got to be a first, even for the KTOG. Just not that much pressure on the trigger axis, so for the trigger bar pin part to actually break off has to be a flaw in the casting I would think.

Jim R

·
Registered
527 Posts
A little light grease on the axis and trigger bar when you put it back together will probably make the new one last forever and the trigger pull will be smoother too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little light grease on the axis and trigger bar when you put it back together will probably make the new one last forever and the trigger pull will be smoother too.
I've always greased up those parts and yes it does make it quite smooth.

I have a Northwood trigger in it, so I'm no stranger to having it down to bare frame.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed them on Sunday because their business hours are entirely within my workday hours...

Finally gave in and called them while I was trying to eat lunch today. Quick as always on the phone and agreed to send out a new one (after trying to suggest I send the whole thing out because it would be too hard for me to replace). :rolleyes:

Nothing new here I guess, I've always suggested calling them... but I was also at the same time expecting them to respond to an email inside of a whole week.

At this point I think it's fair if we just say that KelTec no longer reads emails.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the part finally... to the wrong gun.
Pretty sure this is the axis to a P11, since it's for a significantly wider frame.

... back to calling them again and waiting another week...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts