Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mines not broke, in fact I have had zero problems, but every time I read about one breaking it makes me wonder about the ratio of su's sold to people having problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Shot my SU-16CA for the 1st time today. It's an 09' with about 500-600 rds from previous owner. I put about about 300 + rds of Rem UMC FMJ (.223), some JHP, and about 80 of PMC X-Tac (5.56) thru some 20rd PMAGs. Didn't even bother with the Kel Tec mags. All I did was give it a good cleaning and lube (Frog Lube) the night before and the gun performed like a CHAMP on range day! Zero issues ;) ..Zeroed the scope up to 100 yds today and was dead-on til I tired of shooting.

My only dislike. Taking the short hand guard on/off. I think it's missing a rear retaining clip, so it was a pain in the *$$ to put back on. It might just be me too :eek: I should of left it alone, but I wanted to switch the sling swivels to the other side. I ended up going sans sling, since i just couldn't jive with it.

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
Mines not broke, in fact I have had zero problems, but every time I read about one breaking it makes me wonder about the ratio of su's sold to people having problems.
Compared to total SU sales? Very few. It's the nature of this and almost any other gun forum that you will read more about failures than virtues. Most people who buy a new gun and have no problems with it have no reason to post about it. Unless they are some of those rare ones who signed up to research one before a purchase, and want to follow up with their experience.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Mines new, only 'bout 80 rounds so far through it..flawless so far..20 before the initial cleaning (just had to shoot it!!) the rest after..
And how many of those guns that are having problems are actually the owners having problems?? No proper cleaning, negligent, cheap ammo...stuff like that??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I only took mine out once and shot about 100 rounds through it. Was only able to cycle 7-8 rounds before i had a fail to eject. I polished the extractor but have not had a chance to test it out again. Only issue was with me when I took it down to clean and did not reassemble properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts